Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started my install of long tube headers. Everything went well got them in. 02 sensor ya they are the devil. The 2 on manifolds (upstream) ya they sucks. They are seized to add the shop the army has here does have that many tools and got quoted 700 euros to install. Did it my self now I have headers on without the 2 manifolds sensors. They started stripping with the wrench, obviously no one carries that here in Germany. Advise on getting them out? Plug? Good bad? Worst this Friday I have a major event for the car and running out if time!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Soak them with penetrating oil. Then work them with a o2 socket or crows foot. Work it back and forth to break the rust. Dont use a crescent or a 12 point or you may round out the nut. If they still won't give. ..put some heat on the manifold near the flange. Be careful you don't fry the sensor.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Use some kind of heat a torch or something that can get it hot. It does not need to be red hot. If u do not have a crows foot or o2 sensor socket try a crescent wrench. I used pb blaster the used a mini butane torch.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.