Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
RollTideTurner
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, as title says cigarette lighter plugs both stopped working at the same time. I have replaced the front and rear cigarette lighter fuses AND the #14 auxiliary power fuse. None of this fixed the problem and I have searched everywhere for a solution. Both stopped working at the same time.

Anybody have any ideas of where to go next?

·
RollTideTurner
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The R7 was the problem! Thank you!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I presume you checked F13 in the Instrument Panel Fuse Block?

Next, I would check the Relays R1 & R7 in the same fuse block.
I also have same problem.
cannot find reason both cigarette outlets do not work at all. I checked all the 20amp fuses f14,f13 f22 and relay#7 and nothing.

What is the instrument panel fuse box?
The kick panel on drivers side that slides out on bottom?

Thank you inadvance

·
Registered
13 Posts
It was the R8 relay That makes the sunroof not open and the key stuck in ignition.

The lighter plugs failing was the one way up top and a PITA to pull out but fixed the no cigarette lighter working issue.

Dont use the fuel pump relay to test others,it makes it pull up a check engine light and it will knock until the cavitation is out of the fuel line. Mine did and light went off and all was ok after.

·
Registered
13 Posts
It was the R8 relay That makes the sunroof not open and the key stuck in ignition.

The lighter plugs failing was the one way up top and a PITA to pull out but fixed the no cigarette lighter working issue.

Dont use the fuel pump relay to test others,it makes it pull up a check engine light and it will knock until the cavitation is out of the fuel line. Mine did and light went off and all was ok after.
I forgot to say the PITA relay to pull on top where you can barely get your fingers in was R1 relay I got for $11 at autozone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts