Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've had my V6 G8 for 6 years and now that I'm out of school I'm trying to build it more for a rally setup. Got a bit more money in my pocket now to try and do the build right.

I'm looking around at suspension setups so that I can get a little more ground clearance, and to prevent larger diameter tires (28.1" is the smallest "off-road" tire diameter I've been able to find, up from 26.5" stock) from hitting the inside of my fenders. However, a lot of what I'm seeing for coilovers don't give any information about the height range that they provide in relation to stock. A few show ranges but they're all lowered ranges, and a lot more just don't show anything.

The only real lead I've found was for Pedder's Extreme XA coilovers, which give a vague "can go higher or lower than stock" but no real range or values.

Anybody have any advice for this? Again, looking for a raised height coilover if at all possible, and I might try calling some companies soon to see if they might be able to give more than the vague information online.

·
Premium Member
7,208 Posts
Throw a lift kit on the G8 V6 a call it a day. Gangsta

unnamed.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm trying to make it functional, not an absolute tank lmao

Just thought of this too but if anybody out there is running the Pedder's coilovers and could tell me the lift from stock (assuming you'd max out the ride height to do so) that would also be awesome. I could also work with being given the height of the top of the wheel well to the ground or the corners of the wheel well to the ground.

I mostly just want to make sure I can both refresh my suspension (still original stock after 145k miles) and make everything fit well.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
You need to talk to a shop who does suspensions. You will need some custom work to rally lift a G8 with the proper articulation still in place and longer shocks and strut modifications, at minimum.

·
Registered
98 Posts
You should contact Pedders directly at 909-476-6068, M-F, 9AM -5PM Pacific Time. You can also go to pedders.com/contact.

·
Registered
4,641 Posts
Pedders sells springs for the rear that raise the car 30mm or 1 3/16”. #7855. Front you should be able to use there zero drop front spring and add a poly bushing at the upper spring plate to get a bit of lift. There is a limit to the amount of lift you can add due to the camber curve of the suspension. You can also consider going to 17” rims. Gives a bit more sidewall to absorb impacts and should get more tire options.
I ran 17” snows on my first G8. So they fit fine over the larger GT brakes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts