Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i have a v6 right now and i want to eventually get an exhaust to make it sound like it has a pair of balls. i just want to make sure i get the right kind, so it doesnt sound like a ricer. i want like a deep growling sound. the only 2 brands i know are magnaflow and flowmaster. can anyone help me out here?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
and what the hell is CAI? im a nooob :/

·
Sarcasm Personified
3,900 Posts
I don't know anything about an exhaust for the v6 but CAI is cold air intake.

·
Registered
673 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Solo makes an exhaust designed for G8 V6's.
Never heard one, see them on sale here from time to time which tells me there a waste of time like most exhausts for V6's.
If your looking for that V8 rumble/growl/pair a balls should brought a GT.
Owners up here have done a number of exhausts on they're V6's, some better than others, never heard one I really liked.
My 2 cents FWIW.

·
Premium Member
5,494 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,494 Posts
Which exhaust do you have in mind?

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
I followed a 3.6L CTS today, he had some kind of exhaust on it.
Sounded terrible, just outlandishly loud, not even ricer.
Took an nice looking car and made it into just another barge on the highway.
Part of the reason mine's still stock, nothing has the sound I would like so far.

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
One of the better V6 exhaust I have heard is the Solo V6 axle back with the mid muffler replaced with an X-pipe. A mild daily driver. You want a bit more in your face? Use the Solo Mach Balanced from a GT.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Recognized Zoro's as the shop....they've already replaced my rotten mid muffler with the X pipe.
The sound in the video is not what I'm looking for but would have to hear it at highway speed from in/outside the car and judge it then. Lotta money to spend and not like the sound.
One of the last times I was down there an Audi A or S7 owner had spent 3 or 4 grand on full stainless exhaust, coupla days later decided it sucked and was starting over again. This guy had the dough so no big deal to him.
I'm not swimming in extra cash which brings me back to the, if ya wants rumble spend the extra first and just buy a V8.

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Ok, bit tamer is the Solo axle back

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Or Solo axle back with mid muffler delete. Fast forward to 2:00 to get a rev

·
Premium Member
5,494 Posts
Is a set of Camaro headers being considered?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts