Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hello G8 friends and family !
i have found my GXP! picked it up at an auction.. Shes purrty!
car was a theft vehicle with the drivetrain stolen (who wants that)
so now i know that i cannot let this car die! i need to bring it back to life
i have a complete drivetrain pullout from a GT donor car which i will be using. The L76 6.0 will be replaced with an ls3 6.2, gonna keep the A6 trans (6L80E) with GT harness and pcm ...what kind of issues will i run into if any?
at fist i was thinking just a PCM reflash for the anti theft but then thought that the BCM is also gonna be an issue as the A6 shifter runs through it or is that wrong?
If i cant come up with something, cant i just swap the BCM from my donor car
please g8 guys help keep this GXP alive !

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
It is not a 6.2 L99, it was a 6.2 LS3.

Unlike the Camaro SS, the GXP received the LS3 for BOTH M6 and A6 cars...

Talk to Chris White about the programming, he knows them well.

·
Premium Member
4,924 Posts
Ok I probably won't be much help but just so I have this all straight. The GXP was originally a M6 car? And your putting in a LS3 and A6 correct? The Stock BCM is still in the car but the PCM isn't and your putting in a GT PCM?

Interested to see how this goes.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok I probably won't be much help but just so I have this all straight. The GXP was originally a M6 car? And your putting in a LS3 and A6 correct? The Stock BCM is still in the car but the PCM isn't and your putting in a GT PCM?

Interested to see how this goes.
yes you have it correct the car was a theft i bought at auction only thing missing was the drivetrain, engine trans etc...
so now i need to put some love into this beauty!

·
Premium Member
4,924 Posts
yes you have it correct the car was a theft i bought at auction only thing missing was the drivetrain, engine trans etc...
so now i need to put some love into this beauty!
Well I think these guys have you on the right track as far as who to contact. It seems that the BCM will be your only issue when it comes to everything communication.

Does anyone think there will be any issues with the PCM? Are they VIN locked at all? Im just think along the line that the PCM will have a different VIN in them than the BCM. Just throwing things into the think tank.

You said the drivetrain is out so does that include the diff? If its still there you will have an auto with 3.70 gears which will be interesting. Combine that with a stall and sticky tires and that thing should be blasting some good 60' times.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Maybe buy HPTuners and download a stock GXP/ A6 tune to flash to the GT PCM. I also think there is a way to flash a new VIN to the PCM, but I'm not certain on that. If you could, that would elliminate any BS issues with the BCM.

Good for you for bringing her back to life.

Also, you might look through the thread here where people are trying to swap the other way A6 => M6 and see if you can swap those guys out for some of the parts you need like console? pedal assembly, and shifter.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
that is the last thing i need is parts ! lol
i have plenty of donor cars for pedal etc.. i would keep the M6 but the trans is soo expensive .. i already have the A6 trans .. and my daily driver is a GT car i actually like the A6 trans .

·
Registered
533 Posts
I would look into the differences between the l76 an l99 maybe the did is ran the same.
J would look at the harnesses also. If pin out is the same and also the sensors then it should just be a tune.
I would say if one of your 7 cars is a 2009.5 gt then swap the ecm and bcm and see how far that takes you and work issues from there.
But I'm not sure what is vin mached.
Good luck

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thank you chris white was talking about a custom gxp a6 BCM flash .. then just plug and play the gt harness with the 6l80e...
another over looked part was the fast that the shifter harness is part of the body harness

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.