Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my Volant is showing up tomorrow. My car should be done in the body shop tomorrow, and plan to pick it up on Friday. Anyone on the north end want to help me install on Sunday. Brewskies on me. I don't have a garage to work in, so I'm a bit at the mercy of the weather.

·
PNWG8 Member
450 Posts
hey Dave i can help you. Im free sunday so why not. It shouldnt take long at all. here is my number 425-248-1275.

·
Registered
175 Posts
So my Volant is showing up tomorrow. My car should be done in the body shop tomorrow, and plan to pick it up on Friday. Anyone on the north end want to help me install on Sunday. Brewskies on me. I don't have a garage to work in, so I'm a bit at the mercy of the weather.
I have the same CAI and it takes about 1 hr and thats removing the oe air box. It does look nice under the hood:pimp:

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
I can give you a hand Dave, and get you those lug nuts and lug covers!

You can swing by my place and we can do it in the garage.

Send me a PM if interested.

Jeff

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the offer for help. I'll call you in tonight or tomorrow (I need confirmation my car is done first, or what's the point). Right now we're planning to pick up my car on Friday as I have to go down to Federal Way on Friday night anyway.

Thanks again!

Agreed it is a good looking intake. I plan to have a plexiglass piece cut for the removable breather and attach that for car shows - so the air box is visible but it has a custom look.

·
PNWG8 Member
450 Posts
ok sounds good Dave.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, now I'm looking iffy for Sunday. The paint bubbled on the front bumper cover on my G8 (body shop called me this AM) so they are having to R&R it all over again. Should be done on Friday - but then it assumes I'm happy with the work.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey guys! Went and saw my car on Friday. There was a couple of spots I wanted finished better (orange peel in the paint - light - they should be able to buff it out) and a couple of areas where a couple of specs of dust got into the nose during painting (also can be buffed versus repainted). They did an excellent job on the paint work - I'm just picky - and i suspect 99% of the world would have been happy.

They are going to clear bra my car next week while it is there. Getting the full treatment, front including headlamps and fogs, rocker panels, door pull cups, mirror caps, and the rear trunk lip. I figured after all that work, plus taking off the arrowhead and front license plate, filling in all those holes, I might as well get it done. They're going to "wrap" it for install on the underside as a couple of you recommended.

So no Volant install tomorrow, will pick up my car next Friday in time for Bonney Lake. So one more week of rockin' the minivan!

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Hey guys! Went and saw my car on Friday. There was a couple of spots I wanted finished better (orange peel in the paint - light - they should be able to buff it out) and a couple of areas where a couple of specs of dust got into the nose during painting (also can be buffed versus repainted). They did an excellent job on the paint work - I'm just picky - and i suspect 99% of the world would have been happy.

They are going to clear bra my car next week while it is there. Getting the full treatment, front including headlamps and fogs, rocker panels, door pull cups, mirror caps, and the rear trunk lip. I figured after all that work, plus taking off the arrowhead and front license plate, filling in all those holes, I might as well get it done. They're going to "wrap" it for install on the underside as a couple of you recommended.

So no Volant install tomorrow, will pick up my car next Friday in time for Bonney Lake. So one more week of rockin' the minivan!
Which clear bra are you going with Dave? Did you find one that wouldn't yellow as that was your concern originally?:wink2::pir_flag:

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Which clear bra are you going with Dave? Did you find one that wouldn't yellow as that was your concern originally?:wink2::pir_flag:
I went with Venture Shield (replied in another thread). I've read GREAT things about it on the other sites (BMW, Lexus, etc. etc.), clear, almost no visible line where it is applied. Valley is having people coming in to do it right - going to wrap under the hood, under the front clip, to protect from leading edge chips and long term peeling.

After the work they just did getting rid of all the chips, taking off the front bumper cover and the Pontiac arrowhead, it just makes sense to do it all now. Would absolutely suck to have had the work done to get the front end beat up. :whine:

I also said this in another thread about Sonic - but THANK YOU to everyone in the club who has a clear bra and taught me the right questions to ask, and the right services to look for. I would have probably gotten screwed had I not know all the details.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Quick question on the Volant install. Does the new 3/8" breather hose need to be clamped to the air duct that goes into the throttle body? It seems a little loose when it slides over that stub part, but the kit didn't come with a clamp specifically for the hose.

·
Banned
7,067 Posts
If it's loose then you should put a hose clamp on it or a heavy duty zip tie.

·
Registered
559 Posts
And we re-use the old grommet that connected the MAF to the stock airbox? Stupid me, I torqued down too much on the clamp that connects it and broke it. Grrr.

·
Banned
7,067 Posts
That's correct.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
On the subject of - anyone around with a garage on the north end want to help me with this on Sunday? I'd like to get it installed.

·
Registered
175 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I got mine at Auto Anything - $295 shipped.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 52 Posts