Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
The Last Of A Dying Breed
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, Newbie here with a 09 G8 GT that I've had for about 4 weeks now.
Love the car, but I do want the lowered stance and a more tight, sporty tight ride than stock. OEM just isn't gonna cut if for me.

Car has 62K on the dash, so I'm guessing when I do all this, I need to upgrade shocks and struts and all other components correct?

Now, I've searched the threads over and over for the past week or 2 just so I can get an idea of what the different kits offer and how different components ride and perform for different owners. I didn't want you guys to think I haven't searched and I've just posted a thread because I was to lazy to search. I honestly wanna know what are ALL the components needed to get the stance and ride I want. I use to have a lowered truck, and from experience I know that you have to do it right the first time, so no cutting corners when doing the G8 at all.

I've decided to go with H & R Springs due to how much they lower the car and how they seem to be performing for G8 Owners and I'm confused on the Monroe vs. Koni Shocks & Struts. Is there really a big difference? So, other than the H&R Springs, what else do I need to order? And, with lowering shocks & struts, will those combined with the H&R Springs put the car any lower or will it just be the way the car performs with the kit? Also, do I need to purchase any bushing kit, etc. etc? I kinda wanna buy everything at one time here and there, so when it comes time to lower the car, I can have everything in my possession and do it right the 1st time. So, could you guys give me a run down/list of EVERYTHING needed to buy for the G8 and if possible, a website to purchase everything or I can try and find that? I've already ordered the H&R Springs, so where do I purchase the struts/shocks and other stuff etc. etc!

Thanks alot my fellow G8 brethren..

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have been researching the same topic lately so I would like to hear from the masses... I also know there will be differing opinions on what is actually needed to be done so I know I am all ears. I have realized that everyone seems to replace the (Front?) poly bushings and bearings while doing the lowering springs if nothing else.

·
The Last Of A Dying Breed
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Give Andy Kollar at Kollar Racing a call.
Thanks for the response man, but I'm kinda looking for responses from guys that already have lowered their cars. Kollar Racing prob. only has the poly bushings that I would want and nothing else.

Thanks though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts