Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Im looking for a good summer tire, with little road noise and good handling! Please let me know which ones youd pick from the options below with a reasoning if you could also!

1. Hankook V12
2. BFG sport Comp-2
3. Continental ExtremeContact DW
4 Falken Azenis Fk453
5. Bridgestone Potenza RE760 Sport
6. Nitto Invo

If size matters, 245/40/19 and 275/35/19

·
OGOC Member
773 Posts
Subscribed to this... I am going through exactly the same thought process, pretty much the same tires (and wheel sizes, too!). I also have the Nitto Invo's on my list.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Subscribed to this... I am going through exactly the same thought process, pretty much the same tires (and wheel sizes, too!). I also have the Nitto Invo's on my list.

Ill add the Invo's to the list! Im anxious to hear what people have to say!

·
Registered
335 Posts
I've heard bad things about Invo's. For that kind of money might as well go Michelin Super Sports

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
I just picked up the Bridgestones. I'll let you know how they are.

·
Super Moderator
4,913 Posts
I've heard bad things about Invo's. For that kind of money might as well go Michelin Super Sports
Just curious as to what bad things you have heard about the invos. I havent run them myself but I have heard that hook up pretty good at the track.

·
Sarcasm Personified
3,900 Posts
Out of your choices definitely the Hankooks, I had them on my G8 and love them. I also recommend you take a look at the Cooper RS3's. I've been vouching for both tires in the 10,000 tire threads like this that have popped up the last few weeks.

When it's time for tires for my Mustang that's what I'll be looking at. The Hankooks always hooked great for me and handling was pretty good. Road noise was low and handled amazingly in wet and dry. I have heard good things about the Coopers and they have been getting great reviews. Hell if it means anything they are the tire of choice for the new Roush Mustangs.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Just curious as to what bad things you have heard about the invos. I havent run them myself but I have heard that hook up pretty good at the track.

Sloppy handling - roll when cornering, "slippery" when new, terrible tread wear. The Tuner and Owner at the shop won't sell them anymore due to customer complaints.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Basically have the exact same question. I'm looking for something that is still pretty good in wet conditions and isn't useless in 40 degree temps

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
637 Posts
I have the Bridgestone RE760s on my Camaro 20s and love them. The rears are wearing fast(no rotation and a heavy foot) but the front look brand new after about 10k miles. Grip very well dry and wet, quiet and very responsive, but that could be the shorter sidewall.

I can't wait for it to warm up so I can get them back on!

·
Registered
335 Posts

·
Fort Worth, TX
170 Posts
Call me an outlier, but I wouldn't buy Hankooks again. Good cornering and braking when new, but not a lot of straightline grip. By 20K miles they were useless as they wouldn't hook at all despite having tread left above the wear bars. And they had gotten louder. Not objectionable, but certainly noticeable. I know heat cycles harden them up, but the stock Potenzas weren't like this at about the same age.

I wanted the the BFGs but none were available when I wanted them. I ended up with GY F1 Supercar in 255/40-19. I like them so far, but I only have about 1K miles on them.

·
Senior Member Mike
824 Posts
Just ordered some Cooper RS3-S tires. They have been getting excellent reviews and are moderately priced and yes, would be considered an outlier.

Will let you know once I have a chance to break them in.

·
Sarcasm Personified
3,900 Posts
Just ordered some Cooper RS3-S tires. They have been getting excellent reviews and are moderately priced and yes, would be considered an outlier.

Will let you know once I have a chance to break them in.
Look forward to it, I'm down to a set of those or a set of the Hankooks for my Mustang. Not a fan of my F1 supercars. I don't know why companies keep using Goodyear as OEM tires. They are such ****.

·
Registered
922 Posts
i like my falkens fk...for under 175 a tire and the grip in summer is really good. winter i spin thru 3rd and summer i barely chirp on a hhot bay

·
Sarcasm Personified
3,900 Posts
i like my falkens fk...for under 175 a tire and the grip in summer is really good. winter i spin thru 3rd and summer i barely chirp on a hhot bay
When I bought my Maxima in 06 the dealer put new Falken Fk452(I think that was the number) and they were one of the biggest POS tire I've ever owned, second to the Goodyear Eagle RSA, so that's saying something. They didn't last long at all and were completely bald in about 20k miles. I will never put anything Falken on any of my cars or recommend them to anyone. They handled like crap, had ok dry, but poor wet traction.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Shocking causeni had my old falkens for 40k miles and did few burnouts here and there.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
Anyone tried either of these?

Potenza RE-11's
Ventus R-S3's

1 - 20 of 47 Posts