Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Help: Passenger Window Creaking When Closing

This has become one of those really annoying things that just makes a car sound cheap and crappy. Sometimes (not all the time), when I roll my passenger window down, I get an annoying creaking sound and when I roll it up, I get it louder. The sound is most noticeable at the top when the window is going into the seal.

I bought some dielectric grease today and spent an hour greasing the heck out of every weather seal on the car, hoping the passenger side window was just a seal making noise. No dice.

Anybody have any ideas? Thanks

PS - Not sure if relevant, but this door was changed a 3.5 years ago when it got dinged. The stealership could never get it on properly and when you try to open it, it kind of sticks on the stryker. It doesn't just pop open, like all the other door do.

·
Premium Member
4,701 Posts
Sounds like (when the sound is constant), your down to that point of having to remove that inside door trim, for an in-motion contact/rubbing zone. That might allow you to zero in on the exact source causing that creaking. Sounds like that could become very annoying over time. Not unlike a brake squeal that go's on an on because you can't figure out which of the 4 brake locations is causing it..

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, what's even more strange is that sometimes it's quiet. I've already had the door panel off to fix a rattle in there. Every time I have the radio off now, I hear a new rattle. But I'm very anal about my car not sounding like a crap box.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
This has become one of those really annoying things that just makes a car sound cheap and crappy. Sometimes (not all the time), when I roll my passenger window down, I get an annoying creaking sound and when I roll it up, I get it louder. The sound is most noticeable at the top when the window is going into the seal.

I bought some dielectric grease today and spent an hour greasing the heck out of every weather seal on the car, hoping the passenger side window was just a seal making noise. No dice.

Anybody have any ideas? Thanks

PS - Not sure if relevant, but this door was changed a 3.5 years ago when it got dinged. The stealership could never get it on properly and when you try to open it, it kind of sticks on the stryker. It doesn't just pop open, like all the other door do.
romeyjdogg,

Really sorry to hear about the creaking sound you're experiencing. I know that must be really frustrating for you and we're here to help. Have you been to a certified GM dealership to have this looked at? If not, I'd have no problem setting up a visit for you. Feel free to private message me regarding this concern. I look forward to hearing from you.

William R.
GM Customer Care

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
romeyjdogg,

Really sorry to hear about the creaking sound you're experiencing. I know that must be really frustrating for you and we're here to help. Have you been to a certified GM dealership to have this looked at? If not, I'd have no problem setting up a visit for you. Feel free to private message me regarding this concern. I look forward to hearing from you.

William R.
GM Customer Care
Hey William, thanks for the reply and concern, but it's not something I would take into the dealer for since I am out of warranty. I'll keep digging though, cheers!

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Hey William, thanks for the reply and concern, but it's not something I would take into the dealer for since I am out of warranty. I'll keep digging though, cheers!
Appreciate your reply,

I understand your position. Just let us know when or if you decide to change your mind so we can assist as much as we can.

Regards,

William R.
GM Customer Care

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.