Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
White Hot Holden
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, i just got my bmr strut tower brace.
It only cmae with one page if instructions which basically only goes through the steps to move the abs module out of the way. Does anyone have intructions on this install please?...as always pics do wonders!...i know it mounts behind the abs module and behind the battery positive post but i didnt want to take my chances and rip this apart without proper install instructions....can anyone lend a helping hand??

Thank you in advance!!

·
White Hot Holden
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you so much rich!!!

·
Premium Member
994 Posts
Ah, the joys of a message board when it all works out...

·
Registered
391 Posts
It only cmae with one page if instructions which basically only goes through the steps to move the abs module out of the way. Does anyone have intructions on this install please?...as always pics do wonders!...i know it mounts behind the abs module and behind the battery positive post but i didnt want to take my chances and rip this apart without proper install instructions....can anyone lend a helping hand??

Thank you in advance!!

Can you post your feed back on the product once you've got it on and tested? I was thinking about putting one on my GXP, but still on the fence. Thanks

·
Son of a Dealer
200 Posts
I also would appreciate feedback on this product. Also pics would be great. Especially if you purchased the hammertone black.

·
Registered
791 Posts
I did a shocktower brace on my last two cars and barely noticed a difference on my LS1 Camaro with Ttops. I can't imagine it would make much of an impact at all on such a rigid body like the Zeta chassis. If you really want it, get for looks, but don't kid yourself and think it's going to dramatically tighten up the car.

·
Registered
675 Posts
I gotta think if you're Slaloming (ok, I made that word up) down the road like Picabo Street (that's a real Olympic skier's name) then they would come in handy.

I agree with Shudog... everyday driving would be barely noticable - BUT I WOULD STILL INSTALL THEM BECAUSE THEY LOOK AWESOME !

·
Registered
328 Posts

Thank you in advance!!

How did the installation go? What do you think of the product and did it make a difference?

·
White Hot Holden
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Installation was simple...mine is red sorry no pics yet...soon to follow....as many of you know, unless your a veteran race car driver for 20 years you probably would never "feel" a difference from a strut bar, however you can feel the car is tighter, noticable difference on hard cornering, and for those of us who like to drift this bar helps control your drifts....defintley worth the $190.00....my reccomendation after alot of research it to go with this setup over the pedders bar. The bmr looks great, its nice, thick and sturdy, not too heavy. Defintley looks good when you open the hood. You can tell it was designed for this application where as the pedders bar looks more like a universal bolt on. The pedders bar requires modifications and holes to be drilled into the underhood fenders where the struts bolt to....the bmr is direct bolt on to both inner sides of the fender walls...it mounts under the abs module and behind the battery pos post. With the stock airbox, some hand tools and a little knowledge of working on cars this can be easily done in one hour. If you have an aftermarket intake, you can knock down the install time to 30 minutes or so since the bulk of the install is removing the airbox assembly. Id be glad to answer any more questions....shipping was very fast...i ordered mine through marylandspeed, but the bar was shipped direct from bmr. My only complaint was they only sent me page 1 0f 3 page instructions but thanks to this thread (thanks again rich) the second post is a link to the online instructions.

My only reccomendation is if you drive your car hard, track race or drift in your vehicle, after installing this bar you will feel the need to work on the rear suspension. But as always the above statements are only my personel opinons and nothing more.

I hope this answered your questions!!!

·
Plastidip is awful
361 Posts
I gotta think if you're Slaloming (ok, I made that word up) down the road like Picabo Street (that's a real Olympic skier's name) then they would come in handy.

I agree with Shudog... everyday driving would be barely noticable - BUT I WOULD STILL INSTALL THEM BECAUSE THEY LOOK AWESOME !
You'd install a ripoff gimmick product by wasting money on it and then adding useless weight to your car because they look awesome the small percentage of the time your hood's open?

·
Registered
218 Posts
My instructions were 3 pages long. Much better than yours it seems, but still lacking one important detail. Read my review with picture at: http://www.g8board.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18056

Shipping was VERY fast.

And yes, I bought it mostly for looks too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts