Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm replacing my factory speakers in my 09 pontiac g8 base I have 2 8" 700watt 4 ohms skar audio rear deck. 2 JL 10" enclosed in custom box and a JL 500w monoblock class D amp any favorites out there for the rear and front door speakers I was thinking JL 6.5 or I'm a big fan of JBL as well

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
I like Infinity Kappas. Look for something that needs a cutout of 5.1" or less. I think it's 5.1", anyway. I measured and posted some time back. I tried some RF 6.5's a while back that didn't fit because of that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks... I've heard good things about those infinitys.. any idea where the factory amp is located? I thought it was in the trunk but its not.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
It's by the battery in the trunk.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Use the search on this site, there's plenty of write ups by owners who have done the same work as you are planning.

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
Hey Noodles. The rear deck speakers are Subs only. So be prepared to do some wiring if you put full range speakers there. You might search the Sub Mods. From the factory the rear subs are wired backwards. They pulse down not up. Reversing the wiring helps a ton. So does turning the amp gain dial on the amp to just over half. But if you are tearing it all out, change all door speakers to 4 ohm and or delete the dash speaker

Reactions: FullAuto
1 - 7 of 7 Posts