Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Pontiac G8, V6
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It’s the year 2020, I have the 2008 V-6 with the dreaded Base Non-Leather Steering Wheel. Since I have a Clock Spring that’s throwing fault code B0012 and potentially having to remove the steering wheel, I’m seriously considering replacing my horrible stock plastic steering wheel at the same time.
Before I order an upgraded leather GT Super Sport or GXP Steering Wheel, I need some clarification on the back cover that attaches to the back of new steering wheel. It shows that there’s 2 different models. The non leather and the w/leather, which the w/leather is now discontinued on all the GM parts websites. Is there any possibility that I can just transfer my non leather back cover on the new GXP or Super Sport Wheel? Can my old cover be modified/ trimmed or filed at all? I’m aware that I need to buy other extra components like the spoke trim and new control buttons, but the rear cover that attaches to the back of the new steering wheel is the only thing stalling my project. Thanks for reading this and any reply’s...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts