Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a G8. The tires were old. The previous owner had the car for five years and about 60,000 miles and never changed the tires and or sensors. I tried to reset the sensors using the programming procedures. It didn’t work. I figured the tpms batteries were dead. I ordered new tires and new AC Delco sensors. I had the tires installed today and sensors installed today. However the programming is still not working. Below is what I’ve tried to do the program. I get to the unlock lock with the two beeps and then I start the first tire which is the driver side front. That never beeps so I am unable to move on which is the same thing that was happening before. I have started with the tire at 50psi and go till it completely deflates and still no beep to move on to the next tire.

1. Apply parking brake. Turn ignition to ON position (engine off)
2. Press and hold unlock and lock buttons on the keyless entry transmitter until horn sounds, and then LF turn signal will become illuminated.
3. Starting with LF tire, increase/decrease tire pressure until horn sounds.
4. After horn sounds proceed as in step 5 for the next 3 sensors in the following order: RF RR LR After completing LR tire horn will sound twice.
5. Turn ignition to OFF position to exit vehicle learn mode. Adjust all tires to pressure listed on the placard.

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
If you had the tires an sensors installed at a high volume shop, they should have, an used their tool to reprogram the TPMS (like Americas tire/Discount tire) as part of package deal.. If no, an you sre on your own, it sure is nice to own your own reprogramming tool. Like the EL50448 reprogramming tool for GM vehicles (from about 10 to $16). Or the newer super EL50448 that does GM an Ford vehicles (for about $20) Once the car is ready to program, you actually can start at any of the 4 tires an in any order to see if you can get all the horn burps (using that slow air loss method or the tool). This helps verify if any one or more sensors has a problem. If by chance all 4 wheels programmed, that would be nice. Your TPMS would now be functional, but the actual position display would be incorrect. If one or more of the sensors fails to be recognized prior to all 4 being completed, you stand NO chance for a successful reprogramming. .

1 - 2 of 2 Posts