Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve had an ongoing issue that has me baffled. When I go around a curve I get a shake in the steering wheel. Kind of feels like the right front wheel is hopping. I’ve replaced all front control arms, all brakes and rotors, tie rods and just did all struts yesterday and the issue is still happening. Any ideas where to check next?

·
Premium Member
6,699 Posts
Post reads as if the steering wheel shake occurred before the suspension parts were replaced. Did replacing the parts lessen the shaking? Is the shaking worse while going around a curve and turning to the right or to the left? Or it doesn't matter?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Post reads as if the steering wheel shake occurred before the suspension parts were replaced. Did replacing the parts lessen the shaking? Is the shaking worse while going around a curve and turning to the right or to the left? Or it doesn't matter?
After replacing the parts(I did each one at different times) the shake seemed to go away for a bit but would eventually come back. It never gets any worse, stays the same whenever it happens. Generally happens when I’m going around a curve to left but

·
Premium Member
6,699 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I thought about the wheel hub, although I did replace the front ones about a year and a half ago.

·
Premium Member
6,699 Posts
Purely speculation, but which brand are the wheel hub replacements?

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
How bad is the wear on the tires? If the ft suspension was worn out, it could have put some bad wear on the tires. When was the last alignment done? I doubt you had it done after each component was replaced.
Toe in set wrong causes wheel shake

·
Registered
7 Posts
Do you have aftermarket wheels? I've seen some instances where wheels with a larger center hole don't align perfectly and you can feel a vibration when cornering or at higher speeds (80+)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Could be bad a wheel bearing. If so, might as well replace the entire wheel hub assembly. How to Inspect your Front Suspension . Brand(s) of replacement parts thus far?
So after fixing all the other things I went back to the wheel hub and replaced the wheel that was causing the shaking. That along with end links were the culprits in the shake. Thanks. Dang things didn’t last long since I replaced them last

·
Premium Member
6,699 Posts
Good deal. By the way, which brand(s) of replacement parts are being used?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts