Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a affordable tuner for my 08 g8 3.6. Cantfind a compatible tuner for anything other than the 6.o. So dumb question can i ise a tuner for 6.0 on my 3.6?

·
Premium Member
7,446 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Ask the 6.0L tuners if they have experience tuning the 3.6L or can recommend an individual/entity.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Looking for a affordable tuner for my 08 g8 3.6. Cantfind a compatible tuner for anything other than the 6.o. So dumb question can i ise a tuner for 6.0 on my 3.6?
Overkill does this but it wont much much gains as i have it plus i have a GT

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Extremely frustrating love the car just not the gearing feel like i should have more power to the rear tires

·
Premium Member
7,446 Posts
Cold air intake, headers, and cat-back exhaust system. Can always search the forum for additional information.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Extremely frustrating love the car just not the gearing feel like i should have more power to the rear tires
Swap out the stock diff for Camaro 3.27 or 3.45 gearing.
Available used from wreckers or on Camaro Facebook classifieds.
Give it a bit more snap off the line.
Plenty of threads on this board on the subject.
Not a lot of options for big HP increases on our 3.6L's, again plenty of threads to read on this board.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I had a 99 Firebird with a 3.8L. It loved the spray. Ran low 15's and 13.9 with a 75 shot.

Reactions: Jeh79 and BAS G8

·
Registered
2009 Pontiac G8 aka Karma
439 Posts
What state are you in?

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
256 crank HP + 4000LBS does not a quick car make.

A tune isn't going to help this much either. Rear gears as others suggested will make it feel a bit quicker off the line, but as you also are missing a gear at the top your mileage will suffer on the highway as well.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
256 crank HP + 4000LBS does not a quick car make.

A tune isn't going to help this much either. Rear gears as others suggested will make it feel a bit quicker off the line, but as you also are missing a gear at the top your mileage will suffer on the highway as well.
Agreed, don't know why they just didn't put the 6 speed in the Base model too.
Typical GM....

·
Registered
102 Posts
Agreed, don't know why they just didn't put the 6 speed in the Base model too.
Typical GM....
If they did, it would've been an automatic, which probably would've been adapted from a V8 version to save money. It would've been a bigger dog. It would've been good to have the option of a manual transmission, if some thought was given to proper gearing. Coulda, woulda, shoulda.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts