Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
‘09 Pontiac G8 GT won’t start. When you try and turn it over it clicks once and makes no noise. I’ll jump it, it’ll last maybe 10 minutes then I get all of these warnings and then the car chokes and shuts off:
ABS fault
Battery saver mode
Stability controll off
Service charging system
Air bags off
“Brake” with a giant exclamation point

I was under the impression it was the battery, so I replaced it yesterday, even though I had just replaced it 2 months ago. It worked for a few hours, but something’s draining my battery entirely as it happened again last night after probably 5 hours of the new battery being in. I had to get towed home last night. I need to fix it today this is my only driver. HELP!!!

·
Premium Member
9,088 Posts
Find out whether the alternator is charging the battery or not. What brand of battery is the replacement? Is it a 94R?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Find out whether the alternator is charging the battery or not. What brand of battery is the replacement? Is it a 94R?
EDIT** Nevermind I found the handle behind the back seat to get the trunk open.
I also just tried to open my trunk again and it’s now so dead that I can’t even open my trunk to get to the battery

·
Registered
493 Posts
Since it is dying after it is started up, it would appear the alternator is not providing adequate power to the system. If it is also the source of the current drain is another question. Try replacing alternator with the OE replacement. I have heard these cars are temperamental about aftermarket alternators.

Reactions: 383_Stroker

·
Premium Member
9,088 Posts
Unable to access the trunk emergency release? Able to open the hood? How are you trying to open the trunk?

·
Registered
220 Posts
‘09 Pontiac G8 GT won’t start. When you try and turn it over it clicks once and makes no noise. I’ll jump it, it’ll last maybe 10 minutes then I get all of these warnings and then the car chokes and shuts off:
ABS fault
Battery saver mode
Stability controll off
Service charging system
Air bags off
“Brake” with a giant exclamation point

I was under the impression it was the battery, so I replaced it yesterday, even though I had just replaced it 2 months ago. It worked for a few hours, but something’s draining my battery entirely as it happened again last night after probably 5 hours of the new battery being in. I had to get towed home last night. I need to fix it today this is my only driver. HELP!!!
I had basically this happen on a previous model Commodore.

The dash would light up with ABS Fault plus other alarms at intermittant times.

It turned out to be a faulty voltage regualtor on the alternator. Replaced that for $30 or $40 from Holden and the problem was resolved.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts