Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have had my G8 V6 into the dealer 4 times now for the same issue. I've read through the forum's but haven't found someone with a similar issue (in terms of when and what type of noise it is).

I have a noise coming from the front right when starting to accelerate from a stop. It does not occur every time I accelerate from a stop. It only happens when the vehicle has sit for a while.

The noise sounds like a binding noise and it only lasts for about 5 seconds then a clunk is heard. I also have a slight shake in the steering wheel (not due to tire balance issues as I just had this checked).

I've had the control arms (twice) and castor arms replaced, an upper strut mount kit replaced. I'm running out of patience very quickly!!! Not just the inconvenience of taking my vehicle in all the time but my tires are not wearing properly because of this.

If there is another thread out there regarding this same issue, please toss me the link as i could not find it.

If anyone has had this problem please let me know if you found a solution.

Thanks!!!!!!

·
Its Good To Be Tha King
9,064 Posts
if it sounds like you just ran over a metal rake, shortly after a cold start, it is normal. It is part of the braking start up procedure. if it is causing your steering wheel to move, it is not normal and should be looked at immediately.

a slight wobble in the wheel on cold summer only tires is normal. once they heat up, the shake should go away. Typically about 5 minutes of driving.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
if it sounds like you just ran over a metal rake, shortly after a cold start, it is normal. It is part of the braking start up procedure. if it is causing your steering wheel to move, it is not normal and should be looked at immediately.

a slight wobble in the wheel on cold summer only tires is normal. once they heat up, the shake should go away. Typically about 5 minutes of driving.
would this be everytime the vehicle is started or is it interminttent??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts