Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 232 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Go to www.gminventory.com.

Click unproduced G8s and click national. These are probably the Feb. pool of vehicles for tagging. (Don't ask me why they list them as unproduced since build dates were last year).

It looks like 75% are base and 25% are GT.

Pick your vehicle and tell your dealer to tag it ASAP. This site appears to be public.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Are we able to tell what is a GT and how can we influence the dealership if we don't know if ours picked their cars yet?

·
Alexander Haig
1,858 Posts
They show as "unproduced" because they have not been tagged. This is probably the tagging site. In fact I would assume that the window sticker the cars are shipped with gets replaced by a new one with dealer info once successfully tagged. This is also a process that only dealers with current allocation can participate in.

Or these are the vehicles designated for fleet and rental sales (% of base now makes sense as for public consumption it should be 70/30 GT) Transportation free up to 300 miles and at dealer discretion beyond would also mean these are not regular production.

It is no more a public site than dealerworld, just one of those things that they overlook because without a proper login nothing can be done. I take that back - it is a little scarey in there, too easy to enter dealer info. Better put Pandora back in her box. :ibtl:

(further proof, 1335 $53,000 Hybrid SUVs sitting produced without a home)

·
Alexander Haig
1,858 Posts
Where are the white ones. Maybe they are the ones with no color listed?
Look for code 11U. Makes up about 20% of all G8s. Still don't understand the lack on this site of physically matching up an allocation with a vehicle, which I thought was supposed to be the drill. A dealer allowed 3 units would normally not be allowed to order 5 (or more). Guess we need a dealer not busy "tagging" to inform and direct.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I wonder how many of them were slated for test purposes? Magazines and all... Edmunds is expecting one of them I know.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Does anyone know the code for the sunroof option?

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Crap, I don't see any Black GTs with a sunroof?!

·
Registered
245 Posts
I have mine in the cart, can I go ahead and pay dealer cost for it:laugh:

In Cart 2008 PONTIAC G8 2EC69 Ignition Orange Metallic AJ6 AQ5 KA1 NP5 NU1
PCQ PW2 QFX UWP VY7
YF5 463 77U 11/22/2007 MJFJM5

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Has anyone seen a CF5 code on any of these G8s?

1 - 20 of 232 Posts