Pontiac G8 Forum banner

201 - 220 of 232 Posts

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
NO 2008 G8 GTs left to be tagged. Got email from my dealer today saying he finally got to tag a 2008 G8 and there weren't any GTs left. So what is out there at the dealers, or on the way, are it. GOOD HUNTING!:thumbsup:

·
<><>Morgen<><>
879 Posts
Nimnicht Pontiac in Jacksonville Florida has two black GT's with silver pinstripe (looks good in person). FYI

·
Its Good To Be Tha King
9,064 Posts
I don't know about gone. There's plenty around me that are sitting on dealer lots ready to be bought up.

Now, there may be no GTs that are tagged, which would of course mean that either their respective owners/dealers have them on the way or in their hands... :wiggle:
Sorry, should have been more clear. All G8 GT's are gone on the website which is linked to at the start of this thread :wink2:

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
How about this, all 2008 G8 GTs are spoken for and are on their way to their new owners or dealer's lots.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
I can agree with that. :) :driving:

·
Registered
811 Posts
From the dealers I speak with the going rate is MSRP. Some take the incentive money, some split it with the customer and some make the deal. It appears that the dealers getting sticker or a premium over sticker have a buyers list longer than the available car list and are getting the deals at the premium price.

As is already noted here, some dealers don't get it. It is also true that some consumers don't get it. Both would be better off if they were more direct in their approach.

Market demand sets the price of the vehicle. It is that simple. If you are not willing to walk away from a deal you have no power to negotiate a better price. A Dealer should also consider the market factors. There is nothing wrong with a Dealer getting a premium because multiple buyers are willing to pay it. When supply catches up with demand the the price drops. If no one was willing to pay the premium dealers would stop asking for them.

As far as product ignorance, that is inexcusable. I don't mind paying for premium service if I get premium service. I can't stand paying for average service and getting poor service. I have enjoyed the food at Demon Dogs under the L because of the staff that used to work there. It was a great dining experience and would have been at a 200% premium. Vienna dogs on a Rosens bun, with cucumbers, onions, radioactive bright green relish, hot sport peppers, tomatoes, mustard and celery salt served with a Chicago attitude under the elevated tracks on Fullerton. Especially when some fool asked for ketchup!

The point is that a quality dealer with an educated staff and strong service department are worth every penny. A super low price from a store that has uninformed staff, poor service and reputation as the lowest prices in town ain't no bargain. Now a fair price from that quality dealer with excellant staff and a great service department is a great experience and a real bargain!

·
Alexander Haig
1,858 Posts
picky, picky.
dealerworld said:
Free
Flow
RPO
Code
Ref.
Only
RPO
Code
DESCRIPTION

2ER69 2EC69

G8 Sedan
G8 GT Sedan
Also look at www.pontiac.com, the lowly V6 is called simply G8 Sedan, the V8 is called G8 GT, no immediate reference that it is also a sedan.
For those just joining us, the GT's have been "gone" (for tagging) since 4/16/2008, the only thing left has been "G8 Sedan", also known as G8 Base, aka V6 G8, aka slug on market.

·
Registered
322 Posts
1 grey 888 found in Durham NC @ University GM Superstore-asked for John Pulliam. Bought a Panther Black, Premium & Sport, Sunroof GT today from them @ supplier price - 1000.00 loyalty!
Me too, but in Panther Black, same options. Did it on May 1st. I purchased it with GMS + $1000.00 OL form a dealer in Buffalo New York that only had the one G8 and it was rolled off the truck the night before.

:)

--Mike

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
As of this morning (maybe sooner) there are zero G8's of any flavor available for tagging. Either the dealers stepped up and grabbed the last 600 or so V6's that were there (all in cloth) or they sent them to Alamo (rental).
We all assume you are referring to the 2008 G8s? Good to know!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
551 Posts
May sales....

MAY SALES....... how many G8's sold in may ?... my guess 1565
We will know tomorrow PM:

"The Sales and Production news release, the sales results, and the updated production schedule will be posted on this website http://investor.gm.com in the Sales and Production section at approximately 1:45 p.m. ET on June 3, 2008. "

http://www.gm.com/corporate/investor_information/sales_prod/

http://www.gm.com/corporate/investor_information/cal_events/index.jsp

·
Registered
101 Posts
I know where 14 G8's are stuck on a rail car waiting for a locomotive if that counts. One of them is mine and it's driving me nuts.

201 - 220 of 232 Posts