Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I just got the residuals/programs for the G8... anyone care to guess what a 24mo/12000 mile lease is on a BARE BONES (IE no extra options) G8 GT? Wait for it... wait for it..........

$567 a month!!

Thats for a GM Employee price LOL WTF is pontiac thinking? That payment is MORE Than my $50,000 CTS! Someone needs to lay off the crack....

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didnt ask the money factor, I can look it up later residual is a pathetic 60% LOL

·
Registered
181 Posts
I got $485/month on a 60% residual for 24mo at 2.11% (which is what we just got on our Mazda CX-9). on 30,000 with 2,000 off for the GM discount (28K cap. adjusted).

I bet GMAC's rates are stupid

BAhhhh, CTS residual is 71% for 24 months at 12K per year.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah thats my guess as well, they seriously will NEVER learn.... oh well uber cheap 08's when the 09's come in and probably when the 2010's come in LOL

·
Fan of GM
9 Posts
I see so many similarties with the GTO launch its scary...flying blind the first time I can excuse...but the second 4 years later is hard to believe.
Especially if this car is to compete with BMW, Infiniti, etc...because BMW just lowered their lease program significantly. :popcorn2:

·
Registered
184 Posts
I hate to be a pain in the a**, but how is everyone getting the GM employee discount? I am not interested in a lease but I can't find any dealers who are willing to even talk about the GM employee discount.

Also, I never went through the whole 04 GTO process. How long was it before things calmed down? I know they couldn't give them away last year.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Why lease? Then you can't mod?

hahaa,

but seroiusly. wtf is with that payement? I thought their target was late 20's starting a family men who like cars? That payment is more like retired and have money to blow...

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

hahaa,

but seroiusly. wtf is with that payement? I thought their target was late 20's starting a family men who like cars? That payment is more like retired and have money to blow...
**** I mod lease cars all day, my lease 04 GTO had a procharger/fuel system/driveline/wheels/tires ect ect.. Stock when it was returned hehe

·
Registered
181 Posts
I get just about every domestic vehicle discount, either through work or family.

Ford, Mazda, Crysler, GM.....

You don't really have to have it anymore though, if one dealer won't give you invoice pricing call another, only on SUPER hot vehicles will you not get close to that discount. Someone is ALWAYS willing to deal.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am not surprised, I really don't know how they can even know what the residual on the G-8 would be, it's a new model. When the 04 GTO came out I was the first to buy one in my area, but the salesmanager I know personally told me that until they could get a good idea on what GM would allow as a residual on the GTO, it was just a guess on their part. I would guess it will be the same for the G8. The salesmanager also told me that they are expecting 2 of the first 800, or 880, I can't remember, but they are going to have a special raffle to sell them off. No one will be able to come in and buy one of the first ones. So you have to buy raffle tickets, and hope you win. That way the dealer makes a good profit of the first delivery. Unfair, maybe??,but I assume most will either price the first ones up, or do what the dealer that I deal with is doing. Either way, I am going to wait until the hype is over, I learned on the 04 GTO !!!!!!!

·
Son of a Dealer
200 Posts

hahaa,

Target Demographics for this vehicle are:

2008 G8 Target Demographics
Average age
35-45

College graduates
50%

Household income
$70,000 plus

·
Longtime Member
1,556 Posts
**** I mod lease cars all day, my lease 04 GTO had a procharger/fuel system/driveline/wheels/tires ect ect.. Stock when it was returned hehe
LOL......

·
Registered
238 Posts

hahaa,

Nitrous.... lots of nitrous. Get rid of it in a two years and dont have to deal with what happens to it down the road. :angel:

·
Registered
32 Posts
They're on Crack

Cmon now - I fit right in the demo range you speak of 35yrs old - combined income of 100k or so...

over $500/month for a G8 lease?

I leased my 2005 g6 gt for $291/month 3yrs 45,000 miles.

Am I missing something here?

·
Registered
64 Posts
You can probably finance the car for less than $567 if you have decent credit and can make a down payment. Leasing is bad anyway. It's just a way for "the man" to keep you in perpetual car payments. :(

Of course, I like to buy a car and drive it into the ground, especially if I really like it. I haven't gotten rid of a car with less than 90k miles yet. I've had my current one for almost 7 years. Since I paid it off in 3, I haven't had a payment in almost four years. Had I leased a car at $300/month, I would be out $14,400 (more if you include the interest earned in savings). As it stands, I've spent maybe $2000 in maintenance and repairs (a new set of tires was the most expensive single thing so far). All of which I'll be able to make up when I trade in the car.

If leasing is the only way you can afford the payment on a G8, just wait a year or two and pick up a nice used one.

1 - 20 of 180 Posts