Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
OGOC Member
2,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all been reading posts about ppl with hesitation problems,and I have a hesitation in first gear when I hard accelerate. Wondering if thats got to do with timing chains or something else.
Installed new plugs and have K&N CAI.
Ant thought would be great before I contact dealer should be warranty

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
I've only experienced hesitation in 2nd gear at around 2k rpm. It's torque management doing its stupid thing. Perhaps you have the same issue but at a different time. The dealer can reset the shift learning points but it didn't help me. Perhaps that's something you could look into.

·
OGOC Member
2,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've only experienced hesitation in 2nd gear at around 2k rpm. It's torque management doing its stupid thing. Perhaps you have the same issue but at a different time. The dealer can reset the shift learning points but it didn't help me. Perhaps that's something you could look into.
Ok Jay thanx its just wierd it did it before the plugs and after its not too bad its just noticeable. Im going to clean the Throttle body and the MAF and maybe that will help .

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Ok Jay thanx its just wierd it did it before the plugs and after its not too bad its just noticeable. Im going to clean the Throttle body and the MAF and maybe that will help .
Greetings Les,

Sincere apologies for the hesitation concerns. Feel free to let us know if the problems persist which may warrant a diagnosis at the dealership. You can message us anytime so that we may be of assistance.

Kind regards,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
444 Posts
Before I throw out a word of caution and advice don't we have Drive by Wire rather than the standard throttle cable?

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Before I throw out a word of caution and advice don't we have Drive by Wire rather than the standard throttle cable?
Yes we do. What's your concern?

·
Registered
444 Posts
This tends to be a common problem with cars that are drive by wire, if you open the throttle plate without someone holding down the accelerator with the key to on it will cause the CEL to come on and the car to not react right when accelerating.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
This tends to be a common problem with cars that are drive by wire, if you open the throttle plate without someone holding down the accelerator with the key to on it will cause the CEL to come on and the car to not react right when accelerating.
Correct. Someone should suppress the pedal with the key set to run as you spray the throttle body.

·
OGOC Member
2,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Correct. Someone should suppress the pedal with the key set to run as you spray the throttle body.
Hey Jay does yours do that? Punch the throttle and it basically burps for a second its noticeable and trying to figure out what I can before going to the dealer.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
No, mine doesn't burp at WOT. Im still putting money on torque management. Each one of these V6s seems to have its own little differences.

·
OGOC Member
2,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No, mine doesn't burp at WOT. Im still putting money on torque management. Each one of these V6s seems to have its own little differences.
Ya i can tell we all have our own little snags.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I say this all the time, no two cars are ever built the same. Each one has its own personality and it generally reflects the owner.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts