Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Speedhut
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you that do not already know us, Speedhut is a custom gauge manufacture that specializes in full sweep electronic gauges for automotive, marine and powersports applications. All our gauges are backed with a lifetime warranty to the original purchaser of the product, the longest warranty in the gauge industry. Your complete satisfaction in our products and service is very important to us, and is how we have built our business over 11 years since it was founded.

About 9-10 months ago, we started on the G8 project to offer CAN-BUS analog gauges that would look OEM and read the GM CAN-BUS protocol through the OBDII port. LVGMMAN on the forum was very helpful in beta testing and getting it all sorted through most of last summer. Thanks man! Anyways, several months later, and lots of back and forth testing, and everything is sorted out and live on our website.

To make it easy to find, the gauges are all listed within a new Pontiac G8 product category. You can check them out here.

http://www.speedhut.com/gauges/Pontiac-G8-CAN-BUS/36:6

Please let us know what you think! Happy to join G8Board!

Thanks guys!

Aaron Westberg
President.

·
Premium Member
4,765 Posts
Hmmmmmm. And I just got my 3 gauge pod.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Do you make any that can read things like gph mpg fpr tft torque knock tps . Stuff that a scan gauge reads?

·
Speedhut
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We don't have gauges that would read these parameters. Those parameters really lend themselves to an LCD type format because you can toggle through many different readings. Our gauges are traditional sweep gauges that give you their particular engine parameter they monitor at a glance through an analog dial with pointer.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Well if you did do stand alone gauges like that I would be all over them.

·
Speedhut
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Explain what you would like to see in each gauge. Some we might be able to do right now, however would need to check with engineering first.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Like you know how a scan gauge can read all kind of things. I honestly prefer a standalone 52mm gauge instead. And if that hooks up to the OBD port that makes things a lot simpler. Make me a gauge that has a needle, that reads GPH from 0-10 gph with the proper calibration and increments in between. Or an MPG gauge that goes from 0-50 same way. Or intake air temp, or throttle position, or torque, or horsepower, or knock.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Love mine. So great not to need sending units i am getting ready to add the blower to my car and one of the great things about these gauges is i can add an analog boost gauge that looks identical to my oem gauges and my existing obd2 gauges. Very customizable, great warranty, great people, you can't go wrong.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Also want to say we tested oil temp, oil pressure, and trans temp in a local gto and they worked as well.

·
Speedhut
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
we could test obd2 boost also

Love mine. So great not to need sending units i am getting ready to add the blower to my car and one of the great things about these gauges is i can add an analog boost gauge that looks identical to my oem gauges and my existing obd2 gauges. Very customizable, great warranty, great people, you can't go wrong.

We could test OBDII boost gauge reading the MAP sensor but not sure it it would be fast enough. We would just have to try it to see how responsive it would be.

·
out front & pulling away
207 Posts
I am interested in these gauges. Website mentions that these can be " hard-wired into high and low of can-bus." I remember a thread from some time ago that I believe describes fabricating a connector to plug can-bus gauges into the Atari guage pigtail beside the radio on the inside. If a connector could already be provided, I would definitely be interested. Thanks.

·
Speedhut
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The Data Bus is different on the 'Atari Pigtail'. It is not GM SAE Can Bus. So our gauges can not read it. It isn't too hard though to find the CAN high and low wires and runs our gauges off that. I believe there are a couple pictures or threads showing how to do this.
lvgmman might have some input on how difficult it was to install.

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
This is great, want to learn more. Having beta tested several other gauge and datalogging products over the years, I know what LVGMAN went through. It sure feels nice to give back to the community. :)

·
out front & pulling away
207 Posts
guagedoc,
Thanks for the reply. Your gauges are reasonably priced and when I get the time to research install and actually install. I will probably purchase your gauges. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Gauge Doc, I bought a set of matched GXP gauge face gauges from you in boost, oil pressure, air fuel. Have not installed them yet. They are not can bus. Can they be converted where the oil pressure and air fuel are can bus and I don't have to run additional oil pressure sending unit and extra 02 sensor? I didn't see a air fuel gauge at all in the can bus G8 section.

Thanks Tom

1 - 16 of 16 Posts