Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i have a pontiac g8 V6 and i was wondering what performence chips i can put in the V6 and which ones are good?

·
Registered
516 Posts
Welcome to the board and the G8 Community. I'll be the nice one since you are new. There is so much information on the board that your head will spin. I would just browse around and do some searches. But to answer your question... No chips. Stay away from "Chips" that tie into your MAFS as they are all garbarge. Volo Perfomance has a "Chip" that ties into your OBD2 port maybe a little more promise but probably still garbage. The only real engine performance mod you can due is a Tune. I believe Mace has one and that may be it. Gonna cost ya a few hundred but I would start there with your search. If you are looking for other go fast parts look into cold air intakes (Rotofab / K&N) or just lookaround in the exhaust section. Lots of 6ers run solo axle backs or X-pipes etc. just do searches on Mace, solo, xpipe, tune, rotofax, k&N and that will take up your next week of free time.

Its a great site. Welcome and Enjoy!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
VIVID Performance Tuner what about that chip? I got some info on that snd it sounds like a good product. Or what you think? And thanks for the reply

·
Registered
455 Posts
like lg68 said, all chip are garbage. why waste money on a chip when you could be putting it toward a tune from MACE.

think about it this way. You buy a chip and you find out its worthless you be putting money to do a tune cause thats what you wanted in the first place. so save yourself some money and time.

If you are going to do something, do it right the first time.

·
Super Moderator
4,904 Posts
From what I understang "chipping" was something done more with OBD 1 computers. These days tuning is the way to go.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok thanks guys a guess i'll just put in a k&n cold air intake and do some stuff on the exhaust

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
There are are two , Mace like lg stated , and Tri fectia. Hazer on here worked with Mace to develop it, he also put headers for the camaro on his Oreo and worked on his 8.About the only way to gain real ponys is put the fuel set up from the 012 camero, theres tons to find out on here and a great group of guys and yes girls to . So don't be afraid to search for stuff, best way is to check the new thread postings daily .......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts