Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, I am not an exhaust expert.

My friend ordered a set of HFC for his camaro SS and only used them for two days. It was too much for his kids, who ride in the car with his full exhaust. My question is, will the Camaro HFC's work in the G8? He is willing to let them go for a lot cheaper than he paid. I am assuming the answer is no, but I figured I would ask. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
they might work, but the flanges most definately are different.

Do you have manifolds and an otherwise stock catback?

Since you posted in this section, I believe I already know this answer, but did the camaro guy buy SOLO branded HFC's?

See if they look like this:

If they don't you might need some fancy welding work from either SOLO themselves or a trusted and capable exhaust shop to modify the camaro HFC's to be plug-and-play to fit the G8.

Or you can pass on them and have him deal with his misfortune, and you can buy a set of new or used SOLO HFC's specifically designed for G8's.

Good luck.

--zepcom

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was just a thought. He is probably going to sell them on the camaro forum. He was willing to take $450 for them and I know they were only used for two days. They are solo. I wanted to check before I passed on the deal. I appreciate your help.

·
Vendor
1,288 Posts
The G8 and the Camaro have different bends...it would be almost impossible to make them fit unless your exhaust guy cuts them up and re-bends the piping. After you add the cost of this, you're right near or even more than what a new set would cost you. I hope this helps.

Steve

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I appreciate the information. I went ahead an purchased some made for the G8. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
Wat? Did you notice you just bumped a thread from 2013, Wrecker?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts