Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This Saturday I'm heading off to Zoro Muffler in Mississauga to get my HFCs and resonators installed! I can't wait! I'll be sure to post my opinions on the setup after.

·
Registered
774 Posts
You'll love it the most!!! HFCs really open things up. I still need to get back up to for a dyno test to see what they and some custom exhaust work netted me.

·
Premium Member
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I love my new HFCs! The boys at Zoro were again spectacular, and had the whole install done in 2 hours on the nose. This included me testing the HFCs before installing the resonators, to see if the noise level would be okay without them. Even with the J's properly adjusted, it really was too raucus for me without the resonators; however, with them, it's actually quieter inside than it was with my previously improperly adjusted J's, and the throttle response is noticeably improved! The exhaust note is decidedly more metallic now, and lumpier, almost like there's a mild cam in it. I am definitely impressed!

The only downside I can see is that AFM mode is now a bit louder at highway speeds. That can't be helped, though. The other improvements are well worth that sacrifice!

So, congrats, Solo, on another fabulous product!

·
Premium Member
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, the "tuba" noise is pretty bad, but man that V8 sound is sweet, especially at idle!

·
Registered
416 Posts
Sounds good! Im going to pull the trigger pretty soon on these. I just had my mid muffler removed and the exhaust is hella loud with the SOLO axlebacks.... so im a bit hesitant for the extra sound volume with the HFC's.

What tune do you plan to run?

·
Premium Member
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I must admit, I'm not sure I could go with anything louder than the Mach Balanced with HFCs. I would definitely recommend the resonators, though: they're not restrictive and they really help calm the exhaust note (at least in the cabin!) under hard throttle.

The stock tune works really well with them, which surprised me: LTFTs, O2 sensors, even cat temperatures were all showing normal, and the throttle pick-up was great. That having been said, I already have my money order mailed to Livernois to see what extra gains may be had :D.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts