Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
prolly same set-up as the GTO...what does the holden version have? i don't think they have hid lamps...it would be nice tho

·
Registered
218 Posts
HID's have to be at least an option on this car, if they're not, that's way behind the times.

·
US Ute whore
1,801 Posts
I'm getting mixed signals about that. No mention on Holden's website, except for the Statesman/Caprice. Some people at JustCommodores.com say that they do. It had better be optional at least. I'd hate to have to order an HID setup from a Holden dealer.

·
Registered
14 Posts
This is an area I would like more function than fashion. Some HIDs are way to blue and dont illuminate very well. I would want to choose my own HID from an aftermarket kit.

If the stock setup is the same H9 low/H11 high setup as the GTO, then there are some options to upgrade.

You could modify a H11 and put in in the low beam for 65W, which works, but may limit the life of the connectors and you get less bulb life.

·
Registered
87 Posts
HIDs are a tough call. If the halogen or projector-beam lamps are properly designed, you have a very good system at a reasonable price.

HIDs still cost/price a lot more, due to the system design, so should the maker of a mid-priced car have them standard. No, probably not. As part of a sport package, especially if Holden already has them designed into this architecture? Yes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts