Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
prolly same set-up as the GTO...what does the holden version have? i don't think they have hid lamps...it would be nice tho

·
Registered
218 Posts
HID's have to be at least an option on this car, if they're not, that's way behind the times.

·
US Ute whore
1,801 Posts
I'm getting mixed signals about that. No mention on Holden's website, except for the Statesman/Caprice. Some people at JustCommodores.com say that they do. It had better be optional at least. I'd hate to have to order an HID setup from a Holden dealer.

·
Registered
14 Posts
This is an area I would like more function than fashion. Some HIDs are way to blue and dont illuminate very well. I would want to choose my own HID from an aftermarket kit.

If the stock setup is the same H9 low/H11 high setup as the GTO, then there are some options to upgrade.

You could modify a H11 and put in in the low beam for 65W, which works, but may limit the life of the connectors and you get less bulb life.

·
Registered
87 Posts
HIDs are a tough call. If the halogen or projector-beam lamps are properly designed, you have a very good system at a reasonable price.

HIDs still cost/price a lot more, due to the system design, so should the maker of a mid-priced car have them standard. No, probably not. As part of a sport package, especially if Holden already has them designed into this architecture? Yes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
12 Participants
rlsedition
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing