Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where have you guys mounted hidden switches? Kill switch, cutouts, nitrous, etc...

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
I have a hidden switch in the center console, I drilled a hole in the pop out cover that is for the light we don't have. but its not for anything exciting like nitrous or cutouts :(

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whats it for?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Not sure if it would work or not, but I always thought right behind the radio display would have been a great hiding spot for a switch.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Not sure if it would work or not, but I always thought right behind the radio display would have been a great hiding spot for a switch.
I'm having a hard time visualizing this. Don't laugh it me here if I'm just having a brain fart but how would you get to it yourself?

·
Charles
193 Posts
I'm having a hard time visualizing this. Don't laugh it me here if I'm just having a brain fart but how would you get to it yourself?
If you reach down under the radio display there is a void behind it. The radio body isn't as tall as the display, so the display overlaps it a bit.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
center console

·
Registered
413 Posts
If you pull the left side panel to the console there is a shelf, ruffly near the shifter front. I have a hidden switch there for the remote heated seats.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I think a perfect spot would be right in front of the heated seat buttons in the little cubby but on the front side of it. So all you have to do is make a 'hook' with your finger and push the button in towards the shifter. With it in this location, it'd be very well hidden and easy to push.

Here's a little picture I made to show the location better.
http://i.imgur.com/dmj4NfG.png

·
Proud Owner
52 Posts
Like others said, I put mine behind/under the faceplate. Just put double-sided adhesive tape, some hot glue, and you don't even see it!

I used it for my backup sensor beeper, the thing was annoying when it starts screening at me to stop.

·
Proud Owner
52 Posts
Here's the image of it from behind the faceplate, when i already had the side plastic covers and glove box gone (to install rca component and future VIM).

·
Arrival
183 Posts
I'm about to attempt to relocate all of my nitrous switches to the sunglasses holder area.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts