1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Cant make/spectator this one...got a friend who will be there in his lil bmw..

·
Premium Member
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's continually throughout the summer. Mostly on Friday's all day & some Thursday nights. I'm definitely going to plan to make a few of these this summer in the corvette. Anyone wanna join me??

·
Premium Member
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Man, can't believe nobody wants to drive on a real race track and do laps for hours!

I'm definitely going to plan a few visits, otherwise my Corvette will only get country road miles in...... This car is made for a track. The G8 would be a blast too, maybe try to plan a G8 group day

·
Premium Member
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And tonight I just put new meat on the rears of the vette for some much needed grip. Can't wait to whip this thing around now!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Can I take one of yours? lol

·
Premium Member
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When is yours going to be ready?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just did a weekend driving school there with the BMW car club in my new 335 GT, which replaced my orange G8 GT. I had a blast, but I would caution anyone who is thinking of doing the open lapping there for a few reasons.

1. Insurance will not cover your car if something happens to it.
2. It is a free-for-all at the open lapping. If you have never done high performance driving before, this the most dangerous way possible to be introduced to it.
3. I highly recommend something like a driving school. Most clubs will let you race with them if you join. There were Subarus, Lotuses, Porsches a Saab and even a Mustang at the BMW event. I think the Porsche club does an event as well. And you can get insurance for driving schools.

As an aside, when driving back, and I may make a separate post about this, I saw an orange G8 GT turning off of 70 at the Central Park exit. Wondering if any forum members know who that is. They had a strange license plate that I could not figure out but it had an S with a U under it on the right side of the plate. Wondering if it could be my old car that had been salvaged and repaired.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
friend of mine was up there today with his lil bmw....

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
Missed the original post on this. Very interested, need to get the brakes and suspension updates done first...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts