Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit a pot hole the size of a small lake the other day and I heard a sound that I thought was just a rock kicking up under the car but now I got a clicking sound everytime I go over bumps. There's no shaking or pulling and seems to still be in alignment too. The only thing I noticed is the clicking clanking sound when I hit bumps. Thoughts on what it could be and cost of repair?

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Clicking? Check your sway end links?

·
Registered
226 Posts
I hit a pot hole pretty good in my SS last year, mine was a busted tie rod end

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Hit a pot hole the size of a small lake the other day and I heard a sound that I thought was just a rock kicking up under the car but now I got a clicking sound everytime I go over bumps. There's no shaking or pulling and seems to still be in alignment too. The only thing I noticed is the clicking clanking sound when I hit bumps. Thoughts on what it could be and cost of repair?
Wow,

Really sorry to hear about that situation. I would be more than happy to call some dealerships in your area with regards to your inquiry. Feel free to send me a private message when you can. Here to help!

William R.
GM Customer Care

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Sway bar end link

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I hit a pot hole pretty good in my SS last year, mine was a busted tie rod end
You have/had an SS last year? Those aren't even out yet! :wink2:

(Was it a Malibu SS, Cobalt SS, Impala SS, Trailblazer SS, Silverado SS or a Camaro SS?)

·
Registered
34 Posts
I don't know if this could relate to you, but last summer, I had something similar happen. Started out as clicking (like a rock stuck on a tire) and then got worse like thuds! Brought to dealer and they called back to say I had a broken hub bearing. Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts