Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So,

Last week my car was struck in the rear by a drunk. The car was hit so hard that it was pushed into the front of the restaurant I was in. I asked to upgrade to the GXP trim. The guy said his parts guy couldn't find any in the U.S.

This got me wondering what my other options would be. I don't really have too much extra to spend. But lay your suggestions on me. I could really use the help.

Or if you know of GXP parts for sale then let me know. I really want to do something different since the car was hurt! Thanks!

·
Registered
554 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I really want to do the g8 GTS front bumper that LS1tech had for a while. But I am blank on how to find it or anything.

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Damn man you weren't in the car were you? Man I hope not! As for the GXP bumper try getting a GXP VIN# and having the dealer get one that way. If not GM parts direct shows they have them for the low low price of $665.65!

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Do the Series 1 SSV conversion. 2800 in parts.

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Man that blows . Glad your ok and assume not in the car when it happened

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Pony, Thanks. I guess I should give the story.

I recently got a new job in HR. This was the culmination of a two year career search following college. So as such me and some friends went to the local tavern to celebrate. It was dinner time and we were enjoying our food when we heard a crash in the other dining area, which was adjacent to the front door.

A moment later the cops sitting across from us get up and run to the front door. Then I get a strange feeling. As I stand up the restaurant owner's eyes met mine. He knew it was my car, and I could tell from the look on his face. My car had been pushed into the front door of the tavern. Luckily no one was injured.

The drunk then ran from the scene. He was spotted doing about 100 mph down main street when they lost him. He was then found (thanks to me finding his vehicle make from some of the parts left behind) a few miles away with his girlfriends car (ex-by now) wrapped around a pole. He then ran from the police. They caught him, confirmed that he did not have insurance and then took him to jail on 4 felony counts.

This happened two weeks ago. I really just want to get this resolved. I think I am going to go with the GTS bumper from KLRG8 assuming that I can get in touch with him. By now this is how I feel." https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSB8e3mmdytx2gq9t9enBMjRGC7vDZlfrfTLw11COMnk7_pk4JD "

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Wow , that's crazy. Again , glad your ok and good luck on getting her fixed and getting those gxp parts.

·
Registered
371 Posts
What a crazy story sorry that happened.

On the bright side nobody was injured and you will have a great story after the stress goes away and all is fixed.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.