Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I pick up my 09 GT on Saturday. It's all stock for now.

Anyway, I wanted to introduce myself. Pretty psyched for the new car.

Phil

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
howdy

·
Premium Member
1,896 Posts
Welcome to the G8 lifestyle!

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
2 newbies today , sweet.
Welcome aboard. Stock g8s are getting harder to find. We like to mod these things : )

Do you plan on keeping her stock ?

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Hello Noodles!

Nice to have another Coloradan on board.

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Toby , are we gonna take over this thread too lol. J/k.

·
Premium Member
236 Posts

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Lol.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
she will not remain stock. I will likely start mods in Spring. Intake / Headers and exhaust will be first.
I've been looking around, but product recomendations are always appreciated.

My best friend may be moving up here from TX next summer, bringing his 09 GXP 6-MT with him

·
Ins-Z-G8-toR
3,310 Posts
Hi Phil!

·
Registered
466 Posts
Welcome! I have your first mod already for sale :) Assuming you want a. 600hp beast lol.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
One thing I'm thinking of doing sooner rather than later is a trans cooler. Do you guys have a shop recomendation around denver?

I'm handy, but haven't worked on a car since I was in high school 2 decades ago. I've become one of those guys that would rather pay to have it done right than **** around and screw up a job on my daily driver. Any references are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
5,206 Posts

she will not remain stock. I will likely start mods in Spring. Intake / Headers and exhaust will be first.*
I've been looking around, but product recomendations are always appreciated.*

My best friend may be moving up here from TX next summer, bringing his 09 GXP 6-MT with him
I've been happy with the mods I've done so far . My best advice is to take your time and do some research here on what others have done and what has or hasn't worked for them and why? That's what I've been doing.

There's lots of suggestions for different mods. And some of it comes down to personal preference, like exhaust sound for example.

That's cool your buddies moving your way with the gxp . Is he a member here?

Best of luck and happy modding !

·
Premium Member
1,896 Posts
why trans cooler at this point? I would do intake, headers, and definitely a tune and then a stall before going with a trans cooler. I guess if you do a lot of auto x or something, mine is a daily driver and never had any trans cooling issues at all.

Looking forward to meeting up at some point, we got a pretty good group of us Coloradan G8'ers

·
Registered
466 Posts
I have an extra b&m cooler that I never installed. Has all of the generic fit connectors. LMK if you're interested.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, it's mine now :) Picked up my car Saturday afternoon and had a nice 4.5 hr getting acquainted drive home. Averaged 25.5 mpg, not bad.

Really love the way the car drives. My car is an early 09, so no bluetooth, just OnStar. I was looking into the bluestar box to convert it- has anyone tried that out? If so, is it basically plug-n-play?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just realized I hadn't posted any pictures of the car...

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Good looking G8

Very nice, now get use to spending many hours a month keeping it that nice looking because they deserve it and you will want to.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Welcome, ahem, aboard.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts