Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Besides the obvious hood, bumper, grilles..., are there any other little parts involved in doing a front end Holden conversion? Hood latches, wiring, etc? Searches bringing up minimal results...

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
If no answer here, JHP Vehicle Enhancements sells the conversion kit and it might be worthwhile to inquire with them via an email. Good luck

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Pony, that was gonna be my next stop. Thanks victory, your car looks killer! How did you mod the hood to fit? I always read that the hood was too long to fit the bumper properly.

·
boosted
83 Posts
Thanks Pony, that was gonna be my next stop. Thanks victory, your car looks killer! How did you mod the hood to fit? I always read that the hood was too long to fit the bumper properly.

The hood comes down over the grille as you can see, it doesn't stick out past the bumper, it just covers the top of the grille. Basically the only thing I did was make a filler panel out of fiberglass to fill the front.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I mean the grill being a bit recessed and the hood covering it up a little, I think that looks pretty good anyhow. Did you end up piecing those parts together yourself? I'm pretty interested in doing something like that myself.

·
F1rehawk
621 Posts
That is a ton of money to spend on a V6. Why not get the far superior GT instead? I respect your choice, just curious.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is a ton of money to spend on a V6. Why not get the far superior GT instead? I respect your choice, just curious.
I wanted the GT, but the only ones available at the time were either too expensive or beat to hell. The V6 was clean with low mileage for a good price, and I needed a car, so that's what I got. I'd consider trading up in the right situation, but she's got some sentimental value so I'd rather just mod and build her up the way I want.

·
F1rehawk
621 Posts
I wanted the GT, but the only ones available at the time were either too expensive or beat to hell. The V6 was clean with low mileage for a good price, and I needed a car, so that's what I got. I'd consider trading up in the right situation, but she's got some sentimental value so I'd rather just mod and build her up the way I want.
That's awesome. Will be unique for sure!

·
Registered
149 Posts
I had mine done years ago, 2013, I believe. I found the spoiler on flea-bay for less that $150, painted. It required drilling four (I think) new holes and filling the ones for the original G8 spoiler.

If you order from JHP, make sure everything is included. I seem to remember having to place a second order to get the impact absorber. They used to have "kits" of badges and stuff but don't know if they still do. I have done everything - boot badges, front end, airbag, wheel centre caps, even swapped the speedo for a proper Australian one with metric speeds (0-260 km/h).

Attachments

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Same situation I was in when I bought my V6, no regrets.
Good luck with the body mods. Its neat where you can go with swapping body panels.
Couple of owners up here have went with the flea-bay spoiler with excellent results but it is a bigger spoiler in person than it appears in the ad, in my eyes anyway.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I had mine done years ago, 2013, I believe. I found the spoiler on flea-bay for less that $150, painted. It required drilling four (I think) new holes and filling the ones for the original G8 spoiler.

If you order from JHP, make sure everything is included. I seem to remember having to place a second order to get the impact absorber. They used to have "kits" of badges and stuff but don't know if they still do. I have done everything - boot badges, front end, airbag, wheel centre caps, even swapped the speedo for a proper Australian one with metric speeds (0-260 km/h).
g8carl I've seen your car pop up quite a few times during my searches here, looks awesome! And that spoiler has been in my flea-bay watched items for a while now, but I'm still on the fence about it... As far as the major parts go, I may have lucked out to where I won't have to sell a kidney to JHP for the kit, hence my question about any smaller parts needed. I have the airbag, wheel caps and badges also, I'll probably get a gauge face to replace the Pontiac one. And any extra info you might have about the conversion is most welcome!

Same situation I was in when I bought my V6, no regrets.
Good luck with the body mods. Its neat where you can go with swapping body panels.
Couple of owners up here have went with the flea-bay spoiler with excellent results but it is a bigger spoiler in person than it appears in the ad, in my eyes anyway.
None here either BAS, of every car I've owned she's by far my favorite, it's really cool how much can be done to make it unique. The stars might have aligned for me on this one, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this conversion! I'm still in the air about that spoiler though... If I do it at all I might spend the extra for the OEM.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Changing just the face of the speedo will work if you only want it for cosmetic purposes. The Holden speedo has 100km/h (62mph) at top centre. That's where 70 is on the G8 speedo. Of course, the digital in the DIC will read true, regardless of whether you have it set to English or Metric.

As for the spoiler, I remember the flea (or is it "flee"?) bay seller's name had "spoiler" in it, like "spoiler source", "spoiler company", something like that. The paint matched perfectly and it came with the gaskets that go between the spoiler and trunk skin.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Back in August there was a guy selling a roller G8 with the Holden conversion on CL in Philadelphia for like 5k. I considered buying it, but shipping on a car with no engine is more expensive than one that moves under its own power. It was the same color as my car so I could have swapped front ends and resold it... You are a lot closer to him than me, but not sure if he still has it. I have had zero luck getting a wrecker in Australia to ship anything bigger than the airbag. :frown2:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Changing just the face of the speedo will work if you only want it for cosmetic purposes. The Holden speedo has 100km/h (62mph) at top centre. That's where 70 is on the G8 speedo. Of course, the digital in the DIC will read true, regardless of whether you have it set to English or Metric.

As for the spoiler, I remember the flea (or is it "flee"?) bay seller's name had "spoiler" in it, like "spoiler source", "spoiler company", something like that. The paint matched perfectly and it came with the gaskets that go between the spoiler and trunk skin.
I might just consider that Holden speedo, thanks for the idea, any pics of yours? Did you have to get it flashed to reset the mileage?

Back in August there was a guy selling a roller G8 with the Holden conversion on CL in Philadelphia for like 5k. I considered buying it, but shipping on a car with no engine is more expensive than one that moves under its own power. It was the same color as my car so I could have swapped front ends and resold it... You are a lot closer to him than me, but not sure if he still has it. I have had zero luck getting a wrecker in Australia to ship anything bigger than the airbag. :frown2:
I plan on getting this face for my gauges, supposed to be a direct swap for the G8 ones. Not as cool as the real deal Aussie ones, but pretty close. https://www.blackcatcustom.com/g8.htm
Quick search on CL Philly got no results, but that could've been interesting... That face was the one I was looking at too, but now g8carl has me thinking about spending even more money!

·
Registered
521 Posts
The series 2 ve bumper cover requires different headlights.
What I did was got an aftermarket set from au and took them apart and used the g8 back half. I basically just installed the clear front lense cover on the g8 lights.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I believe JHP still has Series 1 kits available, but they are no longer listed. You have to make an enquiry to get the info.

·
Hsv Gts Pimp
874 Posts
Is Crazy Paul still in the game? I haven't been on forums much for years.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
About this Discussion
26 Replies
14 Participants
MGMGXP
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing