Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
I would love to find out the details of all the new radio parts, and the reprogram of the ecm and underbody kit for economy. It would be cool if we could retro fit our g8's with these parts.

·
Its Good To Be Tha King
9,064 Posts
We need it here in the US!

The new Commodore will also be slightly more fuel-efficient and will be capable of running on a mixture of 15 per cent petrol and 85 per cent ethanol.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Lighter, more fuel efficient, upgraded touch screen with the new interior and minor exterior changes. Sums up most of the things people complained about with this car!

·
Registered
15 Posts
put the steering wheel on the other side and ship that baby to the U.S.!!! that is an A+++

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yea but have you seen the body of the chevy caprice??...or atleast the pics i saw the body was very old manish and quite ugly...maybe they will have a sport model with more aggressive features...but i wouldnt count on it

·
Registered
481 Posts
Yes, they lost the hood scoops and put the malibu front end on it, it looks like. I agree its dumbed down.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
For the life of me, I will never understand how our cars sold terribly, and the Dodge Charger flew off lots?
Marketing and name recognition.

·
Registered
60 Posts
1) Bring the "dead" G8ST over as a chevy el camino already
2) I HOPE I can convert my G8GT to run on E85 with a few parts from either the "new" commodore or the chevy caprice cop-car. Lone e-85 station in philly is selling the stuff for 2.45 per gallon, and seeing how I rack up a lot of miles on the weekends.................
3) 2nd thru 10th on the radio parts. Would be nice to covert it as well

Hopefully, the rumors about a 2013"chevy SS" sedan someone has been hyping at GMInsidenews are true.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Marketing and name recognition.
You know this brings up an interesting point; not that GM marketed the G8 AT ALL!!!! But I always thought that if they named the g8 the Grand Prix success would have been much better.

IMO the name recognition alone would have drawn a lot of interest

·
Registered
51 Posts
I would love to find out the details of all the new radio parts, and the reprogram of the ecm and underbody kit for economy. It would be cool if we could retro fit our g8's with these parts.
+1. Especially if the nav-girls has that great Aussie accent.

·
Drives with wolves
893 Posts
The G8 was practically not mentioned in the mass media. If it had been, it been a hit......an bad timing with the start of the current recession too.

·
Registered
587 Posts
That center stack actually kinda looks like it would actually fit!
Wouldn't be cheap though thats for sure...

·
Registered
129 Posts
Sounds like they decided to raise the height of the screen - I believe this is the main reson that the G8 didn't get on-screen Nav. Even the crappy On-Star turn-by-turn stuff should have been displayed on the head-unit, but the screen was too low for US standards.

·
Registered
212 Posts
GM needs to import this, now.
If I were The Man this is what I'd do:

Setup a program whereby customers could place orders for any of the Commodore variants. Once a threshold of solid orders had been reached a production run would commence and the cars would be shipped to the states.

The bar for entry would be high. A substantial down-payment with considerable cold feet penalties. IE: none of this zero down no risk B.S. Serious buyers only. Bad credit, no money? GTFO.

It would be evangelized heavily in the online automotive communities.

In other words: make it possible for people who are serious about buying a Commodore be able to buy one. There would be no haggling. Your transaction would be directly with Holden/GM with the vehicle delivered to you by a contracted service at the location of your choosing.

You'd get the exact vehicle you want, Americanized with OnStar, HD Radio, XM/Sirius and US maps.

If this happened I'd be first in line for a SS Sportwagon with a manual gear box.

The miracle of the Internet makes this possible. You submit your order via a web portal. Documents for you to sign are generated dynamically upon your order and provided as a PDF for download. You print, sign and fax them in. At that point if your down-payment is not received (cashiers check, wire transfer, etc) within a set period, say thirty days the order is canceled. If you cancel more that twice you get the ban hammer.

You can finance of course, but I doubt your local lender will agree to it. GMAC on the other had would. Maybe even offer a great rate as part of a "import your crazy ass hoon wagon, mate!" promo.

Time to wake up... sigh.

-Ian

1 - 20 of 29 Posts