Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
G8 of Radnor
204 Posts
Capa Performance in Australia has supercharger kits for the V6.

Yes, it works with the Pontiac LY7 engines.

I just contacted one of their reps and it, indeed, works entirely with the Holden VE 3.6, aka, Pontiac G8 LY7. The only thing is, an entirely seperate ECU will be neccessary to run this, thus making it necessary to have a 'piggy-back' style system.

In toital, should be about $6,400 for this entire system, but I am not entirely sure as to what the shipping costs would come to.

Going to give a call to my buddy's auto ship and see if they wouldn't mind learning up on this install.

Will keep you all updated.

·
I yam what I yam
619 Posts
Magnason has been thinking of doing one as well but no joy as of yet. I think once the code on the controller is broke, then we may see more things come around here in the states.

I'll give a call to a guy I know who works there and see what he has to say. They are just down the street from me. ;)

·
G8 of Radnor
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What kind of HP improvement are you looking at?

275kW = 368.78HP.

Rated Horsepower of Kit: 265-275kW ===> 355.37-368.78HP

Good numbers if you ask me.

·
G8 of Radnor
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I used a random online website translator.

·
G8 of Radnor
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nope they didn't state the torque...

·
Capital City G8
1,555 Posts
That would be sweet. A sleeper V-6 G8 that may hold its own on a stock GT.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I wonder if it is really worth spending over $7000 (with shipping) to have something that will KEEP UP with a GT? Why not just get the GT to start with, it would be the same price and your warranty would still be intact.

·
G8 of Radnor
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Refer to the other thread labled 'Why V6 not GT'.

A) Most of us could not afford a GT at the time.
B) Some of us, such as myself, didn't have an option as a V8 due to insurance rates.
C) Got a sweet discounted deal on the LY7.
D) I got the V6 for free as a graduation gift/first car, so I am happy with it regardless. Plus, it is easier for me to do work on it as long as the parents are at work

I am not worried about keeping up with a GT. Not many G8's are in my area, anyways. I just want to make due with what I can. My warranty is not a worry seeing as though a family friend owns the Dealership.

·
I yam what I yam
619 Posts
BN3RNG8,
You forgot E) Why be like everyone else and have a V8. Be different and do something out of the norm with a V6. :driving:

·
G8 of Radnor
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Chief, I know gayness is illegalized in California again, but will you marry me?

(No homo)

·
Registered
35 Posts
i bought the V6 cause they ran out of the V8's but too me it didnt matter what engine i got i just wanted a magnetic grey G8

·
I yam what I yam
619 Posts
Chief, I know gayness is illegalized in California again, but will you marry me?

(No homo)

LMAO

Got to keep the V6 love going.:driving:

·
Registered
9 Posts
same issue with me there were no mor v8s near by and i just wanted the car the way it looks just wish the v6 had a little more pick up than what it has

·
Registered
88 Posts
The CAPA system runs on a Vortech V2 supercharger. Why not just buy the V2 or V5 on eBay for 500? Any local shop can fabricate a mounting bracket for you, any a do it yourself piping kit only runs about 150. I replicated the entire CAPA system with parts off racingjunk.com, summit, and eBay for under 1500. Just something to think about.

·
Registered
167 Posts
So here's my plan:

1. You can buy tuner software from HPTuners, our car is listed on their site as supported: http://www.hptuners.com/products/vcmsuite_vehicles.php - this is not a tune, but software that allows you to modify any of your settings, thus creating a custom tune.

2. You can buy turbos from a number of places, I am looking at one (or two) of these: http://www.turboneticsinc.com/t3-t4b_turbochargers

3. I'll take the tuning software and turbos to a local speed shop that has a dyno and have them plumb the turbos and tune my car. (I figure total cost will be about 5k and can reach well over 400 HP with the turbos).

4. I'll probably blow up my transmission within a week or two so I'll need to have the trans beefed up at a local trans shop - dunno how much that'll cost.

So that's my plan. I don't plan on doing any of this for another year or two because I don't want to void the powertrain warranty until I know I'll have the extra cash to fix it myself - so for now it'll be interior upgrades and exterior looks.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
About this Discussion
66 Replies
35 Participants
MrSmoothG8
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing