Pontiac G8 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Ass or Cash. Get in.
109 Posts
Brining this thread back to life... Hows the progress on the SC?? This guy is very interested.

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
Mace has a new tune for the LY7,they worked with Hazer in his Oreo to set up the tune.He has posted video of dyno pulls with it..........

·
Registered
86 Posts
Supercharger would be sweet, but not for 7K. I could sell my V6 and buy a V8 for less than half that. That being said I would love to see someone do it up.

·
I yam what I yam
619 Posts
cool, eh.. practical, no.. lol for 4k you can easily upgrade.
Easily upgrade to what? A GT? NO! A V8? NO! Not for 4K.

As for the SC, if you read Duffmans sig line, you will see some of the problems he had with the car and got rid of it.

·
Saving Gas and Goin' Slow
429 Posts
Easily upgrade to what? A GT? NO! A V8? NO! Not for 4K.

As for the SC, if you read Duffmans sig line, you will see some of the problems he had with the car and got rid of it.
i dont care about the 2 idiots out of 30,000 who got lemon cars.. my **** runs amazing at 60k miles.. and yeah.. i paid 16k for my car.. i see GT's for 20-22 all day.. so 4-5k..

:judge::judge::judge:

·
Saving Gas and Goin' Slow
429 Posts
^ fux you man lol. good deal.. theres a guy on here selling a red one in TX for 21.500 as well.

·
I yam what I yam
619 Posts
i dont care about the 2 idiots out of 30,000 who got lemon cars.. my **** runs amazing at 60k miles.. and yeah.. i paid 16k for my car.. i see GT's for 20-22 all day.. so 4-5k..

:judge::judge::judge:
Geez, really intelegent thinking there that only two of us got a lemon. Besides that what does that have to do with the price of the car, or tea in China?

Glad you like your car, I enjoyed mine too up to 45K miles when it had serious engine problems.
If you can find a GT for 4K over a V6, then sure go for it if that's your ticket. Or you could be different and not follow the main stream and modify a V6. To each their own.

·
Registered
822 Posts
you guys are lulz,

is anyone else thinking for even if it was 5-6k to upgrade to a low mileage GT, you get better brakes, a locking rear diff, a better sounding motor with m0ar mod potential and many other amazing things?

·
Registered
86 Posts
I looked on Auto Trader V6 18K-22K, V8 20K-24K. I would be so tempted if my V6 wasn't running so good. Having a reilable car V6 or V8 is priceless!

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
wouldn't it be cheaper/easier/and more powerful to just drop the car at a shop w/ a couple snails and say "have at it"?

·
Ass or Cash. Get in.
109 Posts
Well, I'm almost thinking that a turbo setup would be the best choice for us V6 guys (disregarding the "get a GT" comments). T'would be original, cheaper than a SC, and more reliable, and let's not forget, would end up putting alot of V8's to shame. It's not easy finding these cars as the days go by so I figure, if one owns the base edition, try to work with what you have, be creative, be original, and regardless of how much power you end up making, at least people can admire the fact that you had the idea in mind to stand out instead of just "upgrading to the next edition." "Rack him." - Jim Rome.

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
The whole sweetness of it is to have a V-6 can go door to door with a non modded GT.
"LET'S KICK THE TIRE'S. AND LIGHT THE FIRE BIG DADDY."

·
I yam what I yam
619 Posts
The whole sweetness of it is to have a V-6 can go door to door with a non modded GT.
"LET'S KICK THE TIRE'S. AND LIGHT THE FIRE BIG DADDY."
Ain't that what hot rodding is all about? ;)

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
I've already gone door to door with one from a roll,and he had a catback and a tune,so whatever! For those of you who haven't driven the 6 as a DD...........ZIP IT!
Lucky SOB , nobody want's to play around here, did have ZO6 get off the freeway and catch the light. Like i REALLY going to imbarious meyself.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Will your v6 transmission handle the power without rebuild? What about injectors, fuel pump?

I had a turbo v6. Turbo kit 6000 installed. New trans after 5500 installed, fuel pump 800, block gasket leaks (can't remember pricing), meth injection kit ...

Don't get me wrong, when the car worked it was fun... But watching gauges for kr wasn't.

Also for the insurance comment if you wreck and your cars gets assessed and they see a sc on your car it's modded without their knowledge and it's misrepresentation. They will deny your claim and you will have no insurance to back you. Ask me how I know.....

·
I yam what I yam
619 Posts
Also for the insurance comment if you wreck and your cars gets assessed and they see a sc on your car it's modded without their knowledge and it's misrepresentation. They will deny your claim and you will have no insurance to back you. Ask me how I know.....
Would that be because you were racing?

41 - 60 of 67 Posts