Pontiac G8 Forum banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Saving Gas and Goin' Slow
429 Posts
Dude that's harsh...not their fault they got bad luck of the draw, certainly doesn't make them 'idiots'...c'mon fool...

But for the grace of god... :)
:driving:

lmao..

as for these kids saying going mainstream for getting a v8? lol... more like going smartstream.. i picked up my v6 for nothing so i like it. But i check CL and cars.com everyday for a WH G8 GT :wink2:

·
Registered
822 Posts
Would that be because you were racing?
No,

Because my vehicle was broken into and they stole my stereo system. Insurance guy came to validate that it was broken into. Dude saw the turbo and said if you wrecked because of that we wouldnt cover you.

·
I yam what I yam
619 Posts
That seems a bit strange.

I had an accident once in an old hotrod truck I built. Nothing fancy on the insurance. I had full coverage with a $100 deductible. Had a blown 383 stroker under the hood. Got sideways and hit a wall with the front corner smashing the hood and fender. Claimed it on my insurance. Gave them pictures of everything that even showed the motor with the blower. Had the adjuster come out and look at it as I wanted to do the repairs myself. He saw the motor and we even talked about it. They paid off with no problems or questions asked.

Not sure how they could claim that a turbo caused you to have an accident and not pay up. That is unless they may be some fly by night schister company. Not saying they are but I don't see how they could get away with it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The CAPA system runs on a Vortech V2 supercharger. Why not just buy the V2 or V5 on eBay for 500? Any local shop can fabricate a mounting bracket for you, any a do it yourself piping kit only runs about 150. I replicated the entire CAPA system with parts off racingjunk.com, summit, and eBay for under 1500. Just something to think about.
I need help, I'm trying to supercharge my v6 but I'm on a budget.

·
Premium Member
4,499 Posts
Supercharging anything on a budget is a great recipe for disaster since the statement is an oxymoron. Good luck

·
Registered
117 Posts
I've spent only around 2-3k Canadian on moding my V6 and am very close to 300hp na and have a couple bolt on parts left to buy

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone! I'm new to this page and I myself own a pontiac G8 V6. I was reading your thread and as far as building a more durable transmission, there is a 5L40E performance transmission set you can buy from level 10. It cost $5K that comes with a new transmission that can handle 700hp upward to 1000hp, wires and torque converter. Pricy? Yes, but instead of buy a new one or rebuilding I think it might be worth the money and I do believe it comes with a warranty. Just something worth looking at if you really want to push it to the limit. With all the mods I have in mind including engine mods I found that will beef up the engine, you could get 600hp-800hp depending on what route you go as far as force induction. They've shown it can run 444hp naturally aspirated but that's not with all the mods however.

61 - 67 of 67 Posts