Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Next Level
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Holden VE SSV (Soon to be Procharged)

Hey guys,

As with Rob thought it would be cool to see how things are going over in the US with the G8's :)

Good to see you on here too Rob (redoctober) :)

Here's my VE SSV.. picked it up early Feb this year and have done just under 6000k's thus far..

Have had it lowered thus far with some chev gear on it eg badges/grill and wheel caps.. also had some alpine gear installed inside and HID lights fitted..

I really enjoy driving it .. especially on the longer trips...

It has the 6 speed manual box in it with the 6L L98 V8.. and 19' ssv rims.. also had silver dash strips and steering wheel inserts put in mine..

anyhow onto a couple of pics!

·
Next Level
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:slap: your gonna make the natives jealous with the pic of the manual shifter in it. :driving:

Nice looking car mate lowered with the ssv 19's looks sweet. Mines blue with the ssv rims and I think I may just drop it a tad to set it off.

cheers
natives? lol.. you will be more than happy with it dropped on the ssv 19s! they are a sweet rim for a production set :) and i do love the blue on them too :D

VEE SSV

·
Registered
995 Posts
Nice ride. You should get the chevy logo fo the steering wheel and remove the v logo n the back and the ss from the sides. Then add impala logos to the rear behing the windows on the sides...

and you will have the car chevy should be importing here instea of building that FWD joke that is sullying the impala ss name.

·
Next Level
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Oilfield! :)

p71.. yeah still have the steering wheel air bag centre part ot change to chev.. but wont be long! :) and will have to look up this new Impala they're supposed to be building..

VEE SSV

·
Next Level
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its a toss up... I'm not sure if the Pontiac or Chevy grill looks the best out of all the Holden chassis'd cars.
I went chev grill as i think it goes better with the cars lines n shape and aggressive look.. the holden one i had on it the badge was like 13cm across.. too big imo!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Very nice, i like it!!

·
Next Level
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cheers Zeebo! and yea Baz, everyone likes something different ;) Particular tastes i suppose :) ty!

·
I chase paper!!!
1,130 Posts
Nice ride. You should get the chevy logo fo the steering wheel and remove the v logo n the back and the ss from the sides. Then add impala logos to the rear behing the windows on the sides...

and you will have the car chevy should be importing here instea of building that FWD joke that is sullying the impala ss name.
FWD Joke!!! LOLOLOLOLOL!!!! And i suppose that dinosaur impala from '94 to '96 was any better! FYI, its over a second and a half slower when getting to 60MPH!!! No lie that this would make a great 2010 impala, but the impala we have now is still pretty amazing, no matter what you think!!! :soapbox:

·
Registered
995 Posts
FWD Joke!!! LOLOLOLOLOL!!!! And i suppose that dinosaur impala from '94 to '96 was any better! FYI, its over a second and a half slower when getting to 60MPH!!! No lie that this would make a great 2010 impala, but the impala we have now is still pretty amazing, no matter what you think!!! :soapbox:
It is not all about speed. I admit that they have done wonders with that car. But it is still a joke when compred with what they could have done with it.

As some of you who are in the know may have guessed I am a police car fan. I figure if it can stand up to police duty it can stand up to me. Unfortunatly the impalas are not up to half of what the 30 year old designed Crown Vics are, and this is from me... a huge GM fan. They do not handle as well they cannot take as much abuse and they are a whole lot less spacious.

If they wanted to call it a Lumina I would have been fine with that. Hell the DoD ran luminas as MP vehicles for a few years. But an Impala it ain't. That would be like calling a Fiero a Corvette... or a Probe a Mustang... or the last generation Cougar a Cougar.

·
I chase paper!!!
1,130 Posts
It is not all about speed. I admit that they have done wonders with that car. But it is still a joke when compred with what they could have done with it.

As some of you who are in the know may have guessed I am a police car fan. I figure if it can stand up to police duty it can stand up to me. Unfortunatly the impalas are not up to half of what the 30 year old designed Crown Vics are, and this is from me... a huge GM fan. They do not handle as well they cannot take as much abuse and they are a whole lot less spacious.

If they wanted to call it a Lumina I would have been fine with that. Hell the DoD ran luminas as MP vehicles for a few years. But an Impala it ain't. That would be like calling a Fiero a Corvette... or a Probe a Mustang... or the last generation Cougar a Cougar.
Right you are. This would make a great impala. But to me, truly, chevy doesnt need a RWD impala. For one thing, the FWD impala is selling so well and a RWD impala will only make sales dwindle. The sales record for the G8 is ok but hasnt been groundbreaking. This is ok for pontiac, especially since the G8 is RWD, but chevrolet is the mainstream brand. An impala with sales similar to the G8 will probably mean either discontinuation, or moving the impala from the mainstream market to the more exclusive market. Neither would be a good thing.

Secondly, with chevrolet being the mainstream brand, the impala will take sales away from the G8(thats not saying much, because as i just mentioned, sales will be low). So i say its best if we let the G8 be GM's ONLY non luxury RWD sedan. Its best that way.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Right you are. This would make a great impala. But to me, truly, chevy doesnt need a RWD impala. For one thing, the FWD impala is selling so well and a RWD impala will only make sales dwindle. The sales record for the G8 is ok but hasnt been groundbreaking. This is ok for pontiac, especially since the G8 is RWD, but chevrolet is the mainstream brand. An impala with sales similar to the G8 will probably mean either discontinuation, or moving the impala from the mainstream market to the more exclusive market. Neither would be a good thing.

Secondly, with chevrolet being the mainstream brand, the impala will take sales away from the G8(thats not saying much, because as i just mentioned, sales will be low). So i say its best if we let the G8 be GM's ONLY non luxury RWD sedan. Its best that way.
Keeping Impala front drive lowers cost and raises fuel economy. RWD for Pontiac makes it distinct from Chevy and provides ultimate performance.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts