Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shout out to DHMOTORSPORTS08 for the hookup on the this Holden Super Sport steering wheel! Install was a breeze (for the most part) couldn’t be happier with the final fit and finish compared to the base GT wheel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
648 Posts
Nice! Can't wait to do mine. Sitting in the box behind me at the moment.

·
every village has one
2,164 Posts
Staring at mine in the box right now, waiting for warmer weather.
What part wasn't included in the breeze?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Staring at mine in the box right now, waiting for warmer weather.
What part wasn't included in the breeze?

Getting the air bag cover unclipped was the hardest part for me. I did the install with the wheel in the upright position pictured above. Definitely turn it 90 degrees! I’ll post a pic later of the tool that I eventually got it off with.

·
Premium Member
4,649 Posts
Must admit the new steering looks great in comparison to the factory one and am putting one on the wish list this year for Santa. Fingers and toes crossed. :|

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

This is the screwdriver I used to get into the back of the steering wheel and pry open the retaining springs for the airbag cover.

Not your standard stubby, something that belonged to my grandpa and is probably much older than I am haha.

With the wheel positioned as pictured above, or straight rather, you can get something of this size behind the wheel with ease. A longer screwdriver, or something like it, should work fine if you turn the wheel 90 degrees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts