Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone made their own A Pillar gauge pod?

Some people have purchased the pillar pods that one company produces, and reported quality issues, along with the extended wait time. I don't want to purchase a product that is going to split, crack, and paint chip, so I thought, why not create my own. I would rather save some money and get hands on while my car is parked this winter.

One person on FB made one using a 2010 Camaro pod and molded it to the factory A pillar. I am looking for any ideas and suggestions, if you have some!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
141 Posts
That turned out really good! Was it a pod from the 5th gen Camaro? And do you have the link where you purchased it?

I would like to try to make a triple, but might not be necessary with an Aeroforce and Wideband for a cam/bolt-on car
Thanks. Yes its from a 5th gen. Not sure where the pod was purchased from. I bought the gauges and pod from a member on the Camaro forums.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks. Yes its from a 5th gen. Not sure where the pod was purchased from. I bought the gauges and pod from a member on the Camaro forums.

It looks like that was the Stillen version, which I was unable to find anywhere. I am still looking around to see if I can find a 5th gen camaro pod cheap.

While searching online, I saw this 08-14 WRX/STI Pillar pod that looks close to the same shape as the G8, so this is another possible choice.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: Found the same pod used on a 5th gen facebook page and it is on the way. I misspoke, and it is not the Stillen version, it is the Autometer 12214 pod. The pictures they show are deceiving, but Jegs shows the "indent" by the gauge which I really liked, and summit shows a person's review of it. Progress will be shown as I receive them and begin the work!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Edit: Found the same pod used on a 5th gen facebook page and it is on the way. I misspoke, and it is not the Stillen version, it is the Autometer 12214 pod. The pictures they show are deceiving, but Jegs shows the "indent" by the gauge which I really liked, and summit shows a person's review of it. Progress will be shown as I receive them and begin the work!
Excellent! That's the same reason I got this pod. I like the indent in the pillar. I don't like the way the other pillar pods look with the gauges sticking out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts