Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. My name is Don. I am the president of the Northwest GTO Legends club. I own an '06 spice red M6 GTO. I'm posting to invite those who live in the greater Seattle to join us at a couple of events coming up that you might find of interest.
The first is my club's 2012 Hood Canal Run on June 23. We are inviting all Pontiac owners to join us. So far,we are expecting members of the POCI and the Western Washington Firebirds to join us and would love to have any and all G8 owners that would like to drive with us. In a nutshell, we are meeting at the McDonald's at I5 and SR 512 in Lakewood, Wa. We will be departing that location at 9:00 am. The route will take us through Lacey, Olympia, Shelton, Hoodsport, Lilliwaup, Duckabush, Brinnon, Chimacum, to Port Hadlock for pizza at Fiorino's. Some will then continue on to Port Townsend or Sequim as desired. More information can be found at www.northwestlegends.com in the Meets/Cruzes/Events forum.

The second is the Greenwood Car Show on June 30th in Seattle. Last year my club was able to reserve both sides of a block at 75th, I think it was. We had about 30 Pontiacs lining both sides of the street, including two G8's. We have made the same arrangement again this year but are looking to surpass last year's count. Again, the POCI and the Firebirds are joining us. We would like to invite G8 owners to join us as well. If needed, I believe we will be given more space. Now, if you pre-register and send your name, cell number, email address, and car model and color to [email protected] (our club's Greenwood coordinator)or to me at [email protected] (there is an _ between the n and the 1) you will be able to bypass the long line at the main gate. We will pick up your registration packet and meet you at the side street entrance to our block! This means you can avoid the 1-2 hour wait at the main entrance gate. The info you send us WILL NOT be saved beyond this event and WILL NOT be given out for any reason. Here is the link to the Greenwood registration form: http://greenwoodcarshow.com/resources/2012GC-EntryForm.pdf//greenwoodcarshow.com/resources/2012GC-EntryForm.pdf
On the Club Affiliation line, you will need to enter "NW GTO LEGENDS". This will enable us to pick up your registration packets. Hope some of you will join us at these events. If you have any questions, post 'em here or email me at [email protected].
Thanks for checking out this thread.

Don McLaughlin
President
Northwest GTO Legends
Seattle

·
Registered
526 Posts
Thanks Don - are you still going to be at 75th. I bypassed you guys last year not to snub you but to park further down where there is trees/shade and a lot more bars/restaurants.

Just asking.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We don't know what block we'll be on yet. I think we are looking for a block that is treeless since a lot of the sidewalk trees tend to drop I'm not sure what it is (a waxy substance) on our cars. Now, having said that, I know that we are up to 30 cars that have signed up to show with us. Hope you and others will sign up, too. If you'd like, I can post up here and let you and others know. HOwever, if you don't give us a heads up, we won't have your registration info at the side street entrance and you won't be able to bypass the main gate.
So pre-register and email [email protected] to be included in the side street entrance.

Thanks for your interest,

Don

·
Registered
288 Posts
It looks like my wife and I will be out for the Hood Canal Cruise on the 23rd. Sounds like a fun day of cruisin!

Thanks for posting it up!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
33 vehicles and counting for the NW Legends block.

The Greenwood Knights are expecting over 700 vehicles on 1.5 miles of closed Greenwood Avenue this year. Last year approximately 200,000 people came out to car gaze.

Don

1 - 6 of 6 Posts