Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow Pontiac g8 owners my name is dave and I own a 2009 g8gt that I bought new in 09. I had a ant infestation last summer that destroyed the hood insulation on the car. I would like to buy a factory replacement but I should be looking for unicorns instead! Has anybody possibly seen or heard of anybody selling these anywhere. I would like to get a factory piece not a aftermarket cut/tear/glue/tape and hope for the best! please help!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Welcome to the board! There was a group buy on here a couple years ago now organized by thirteenthcor. We got them out of Australia from original parts group. Check them out online and send them an email and see what they can do. The guys name there is Fab and feel free to say Ben from Pennsylvania sent you his way.

·
F1rehawk
638 Posts
The question is, why would you want to replace it? Just remove it and let the engine breathe a little more. You don't need it. That's what I did with mine, and so did plenty of other members.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the board! There was a group buy on here a couple years ago now organized by thirteenthcor. We got them out of Australia from original parts group. Check them out online and send them an email and see what they can do. The guys name there is Fab and feel free to say Ben from Pennsylvania sent you his way.
Thanks for the info. I will look them up today!

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
I'm also in need of a new one.

Let them know there are a few people that are interested and see if they can do some type of group buy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
GXP25
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing