Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Low society member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed for a moment the 2 front hood scoops and wound up breaking some of the plastic tabs with the metal clips of course lol. But im trying to think of ways to replicate the tabs or find something that can be epoxy unto scoop so hey an lip bak in flush. Any ideas on how to if they make precut pieces ? Lol ill attach photo of another members scoop i found on forum with broken tab for reference

Attachments

·
Low society member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks ill cut some plastic and fuse them together and found some metal clips that slip over plastic into the cut out for hood scoop

·
Registered
13 Posts
The same thing happened to me, one popped out nicely which considering that I had no idea how they were held in there seemed lucky and the second one broke both tabs. I used gorilla glue on the broken tabs and let them sit overnight before snapping it back in and it seems to be holding well. I thought that if that didn't work I would use 3M two sided tape but the problem with that is that if I would ever want/need to take them out again it would be very difficult to get them off.

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
I had one temporarily held in with the 3m double sided tape. Wasn't that bad . Didn't have it on like that long though. So maybe that's why.

Best of luck OP getting her fixed.

·
Low society member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lol it happens much to often i see and because i sot low in the seat i couldnt see both of them fluttering in the wind at 90mph on highway lol although i had one tab on each they held on thank god but i did superglue and epoxy but wanted to try something that i can remove easily when needed. Or junkyard parts other option.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts