Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I installed the Hooker Max flo mufflers with ssclone tips. Install went real smooth. Took about hour and a half witb stopping to fix a customers car.

Sound......

It is too quite for me, I dont know if these will get any louder with time, we will see.

1362870846171.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

·
Registered
786 Posts
Have you had any other axlebacks or just stock? Any sound clips? I tried to have mine done today but the shop I'm using was randomly closed today... Now I gotta wait 2 more weeks!!

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Can you give me any info on your tips? Website, cost ect.

Sent from my fresh lubed iPhone

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Thanks. Just found them. Not a bad price. Wonder if those will melt the GT diffuser?

Sent from my fresh lubed iPhone

·
Registered
786 Posts
Nope they won't there's 2 or 3 guys now using them with the gt diffuser and they fit without touching anywhere

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I used stock manifold with center muffler cutout, magnaflow. Then I took the magnaflows off and ran straight pipe and sounded awsome.

Once I got the arh long tubes installed the straight pipes became very loud. Today I installed the hooker mufflers and seems too quiet for my taste. They are a little louder than stock gt axlebacks but quieter than the magnaflows.

I will try to get a video clip soon, ran out of time today.

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
I used stock manifold with center muffler cutout, magnaflow. Then I took the magnaflows off and ran straight pipe and sounded awsome.

Once I got the arh long tubes installed the straight pipes became very loud. Today I installed the hooker mufflers and seems too quiet for my taste. They are a little louder than stock gt axlebacks but quieter than the magnaflows.

I will try to get a video clip soon, ran out of time today.

Sound inside the car and outside it are very different things. The fact that these have no drone should tell you that when you stand behind the car it will be much louder than inside it.

Trust me, I thought my car was too quiet when I had straight pipes with solo Js on stock exhaust, and then I had an X put in place of the mid muffler. I thought it was still quiet but standing behind the car it wasn't quiet at all.

·
lsgearhead
2,116 Posts
lets hear it

·
MSM GXP
148 Posts
Yeah let's hear it :)

·
Super Moderator
4,911 Posts
Sound inside the car and outside it are very different things. The fact that these have no drone should tell you that when you stand behind the car it will be much louder than inside it.

Trust me, I thought my car was too quiet when I had straight pipes with solo Js on stock exhaust, and then I had an X put in place of the mid muffler. I thought it was still quiet but standing behind the car it wasn't quiet at all.
Just for the weekend I swapped a guy my stock mufflers for his muffler delete and Im running long tubes with no cats and it sounds awesome. The 1800 rpm drone is pretty ridiculous at times though. But yeah it doesn't always sound like its really that loud when your driving but then I drive next to a wall or under an overpass it kinda lets you know just what everyone else around is getting to enjoy:). everyone else-->:cursin:

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Outside the car it is definitely louder. I think my problem is I got used to long tubes with muffler delete :D

I will try todo a video tomorrow when I get to work. My kid is sick today so im having tons of fun with that :)

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Looking good..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts