Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m thinking of buying a set of longtubes and an exhaust for my car this weekend. I’m curious how I can get it to bolt up to each other though. Not going with these headers. Just a picture I already had.
Line Font Auto part Bumper Automotive exterior

Font Line Aviation Auto part Event

·
Registered
551 Posts
From personal experience, if you are in fact going with that exhaust, you have a couple options. If you want LTs and want it to bolt up 100%, go with the xforce longtubes. They are 3/4" vs 7/8", so keep that in mind, but I have them and the fitment is great. I'm very pleased. If you don't mind not having LTs but rather mids, go with some Kooks mids, they'll bolt right up. If you want LTs but 7/8", you will have to get a little custom. I should have bought the LTs when I bought the exhaust, would have saved time and money. I'll say that for the cost, if I had to do it again, I'd have gotten a set of ARHs from the beginning. I like the xforce, and for a full 3" the switchable mufflers sound far more docile than the setup would have with the stock GXP mufflers, but considering how little I drive the car now relative to how much I had expected to drive it, I would have lived with it until tracking down some GT muffs. Good luck on your choice.

-J

·
Pontiac Crazy
546 Posts
As lastcall said, if you buy the same brand headers and catback, typically there will be an option to make it bolt on ready. Solo and Corsa also make connection pipes for their catbacks to hook up to Kooks given how popular Kooks headers are. In most other scenarios, you would just get an exhaust shop to finish it.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
If it matters, I'm running 2" primary SW headers into solo 3" mid pipe. I fab'd a 3" connector pipe - easy as it was straight with marman flanges on both ends.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts