Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone going to the Power Tour stops in Texarkana and Little Rock?? We're taking my wife's G8 to Texarkana just to go see the show,and I'm taking my '64 C10 to Little Rock. I'm gonna catch the tour in Kirby or Glenwood,Arkansas and drive to the stop at the Arkansas State Fairgrounds.

You need to go to the shows,or get somewhere and watch the parade of cars come by!!

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wish I could make it buddy!! You will love this deal if you've never been to one!

·
Registered
113 Posts
I made it to Hoover today, great time. It was good to meet you Bo, I had talked to you briefly, mentioned the auto x. Saw a good bit of G8s, but no owners around.

I was lucky enough to see the 727cu in Commodore, he actually autox'd right in front of me. I don't think he used his steering wheel to get around the corners, just his throttle.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Ahh yes. Bad mofo fo sho with that 727 cubic inches of fury. I've got a video of it when it cruzed by my car. Glad to have met you too. I too seen two gray ones, a silver one, a black one, white one, a red one. That's all I can remember.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Bo I saw your car, only GXP I saw at that leg of the tour. That Holden 727 is insane,

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The 727 Commodore was a bad mamma jamma!! I couldn't get over how smooth and quiet it was though! Wow!

First car I saw in registration was a G8 from Iowa with a blower on it. Very nice!! Wappello County on the plate? I saw the car on the grounds, but nobody was around it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
You guys should have seen Don with his Purple Monaro UTE. He is from Orlando and is doing the whole tour I think.

·
Premium Member
1,986 Posts
I was at every stop with our silver frost ctsv in the Eaton booth

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
MUSCLE Biotch!
1,036 Posts
So what was the gas mileage of the 727 LOL? Baddass car!

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was at every stop with our silver frost ctsv in the Eaton booth

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
I saw and heard it! Bad to the bone!! Wow!

Didn't all the Eaton cars come through Arkadelphia on the reroute of the tour after the wrecks? I do remember the G8 with gold wheels coming by. My wife and I went out and stood with my aunt and uncle in their yard on Highway 8 west of here and watched the cars come by. We waved at every car,and everyone waved back for the most part! It was great!

I about killed myself getting my '64 C10 back together for the Little Rock stop,but the intake manifold leaked like crazy. Poured oil out the back like there was no tomorrow. First time I've had one leak. I was back at the house 10 or 15 minutes after I left. I couldn't even stand to go watch the tour come through Kirby or Glenwood,or go the stop in Little Rock. The reroute was a pleasant surprise albeit under bad circumstances.

If I had tried to go to Texarkana in my truck on Sunday I would've found the leak in time to make the tour on Monday. :( We took my wife's G8 so my Dad could ride with us,and well because it's a G8. :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
I took the GXP from Arlington - Little Rock, then cruised my GTO to a local gas station to watch on Tue as everyone headed to Memphis. Arlington had only one or two other GXPs and a hand-full of GTs. More showed in Texarkana and LR.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts