Pontiac G8 Forum banner

How about a head count of Gay Pontiac Customers?

3K views 20 replies 16 participants last post by  dhessco 
#1 ·
Woot!!!

Soon to be the most active dealer subforum on G8 Board!

Thanks for all the support people!

#2 ·
LMAO!!!

At first I was thinking...."We have a subforum for gay G8 owners?"

Then I saw your location and immediately knew who you guys were.

Back in 1978 my mother bought a brand new blue Grand Prix from you guys. Well I live in South Florida so I could not buy from you guys but I did buy a blue G8 GT in memory of the Grand Prix that was eventually stolen from my mother when I was a little kid.

Glad to see you guys are still around.

#3 ·
I may be the oldest Gay Pontiac customer here... If my memory serves me correctly. I bought my 69 1/2 Trans Am at Gay Pontiac back in 1969. I had one of the first Trans Ams in the USA and I went to several dealers before I found a salesman that knew what I was looking for. He took me to the Houston area train yard, where all the GM cars came in to the Southwest, and we found 3 Trans Ams... one was going to New Mexico, one to Lousiana and there was one that had just came in, and we drove waaay down the yard until we saw the white nose with blue stripes and it was one of the rare Hurst 4 speed versions ( they only made a few of those ) and I held my breath while the yard master went over his shipping data sheets to see if that Trans Am was available... it was, and I bought it.
When I picked it up at the dealership ( located by the old Houston drag strip by Ellington Air Force base I think ), my 'new 'car had a couple hundered miles on it. On the way home, I blew the doors off a GTO Judge and the guys in the Judge couldn't understand why, until we pulled over on the Gulf Freeway and they looked under the hood. I sure miss that car, and while at the drag strip one day, it caught on fire and by the time we put the fire out, it was too late. They only made 600 Trans Ams for that year and only 200 of my model..and at the last auction, my model sold for over $200,000. Oh well.

I'm almost sure it was Gay Pontiac that helped me find that car and sold it to me. They were the only Pontiac dealer around that even knew what I was looking for when I took my Hot Rod magazine ad for the new 69 Trans Am around to dealer after dealer...and I'll never forget it. Gay Pontiac treated a 21 year old very well.

#6 ·
C'mon now, gay, head count, that's just funny. And I am over 40 and still think it's funny. I guess I'll never grow up.

#9 ·
No, stay away unless you're one of the buyers...let's keep a Nino thread on topic for once.

Who else got their ride from them?

#19 ·
I could go off on this all day long, but I am not going to.

You guys need to change your name.......lol

#20 ·
Thanks for coming out this weekend folks!

Its been busy trying to get everyone a car before these incentives change. Hopefully they stay as good as they are and Im proven wrong, but everyone is saying that we are losing the dealer cash at the very least which will be a 2k hit right off the bat.

I hope to see alot of you at some of the local gatherings in the upcoming months.

#21 ·
Do you guys have Records from 1989? I have a 89 Trans Am GTA Convertible that we traced back to Gay Pontiac. cant figure out if it
is a ASC converted car or not. should be 1 of 50 if the numbers are right.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.