Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Best Member Ever
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't feel like tearing apart this thing just yet so I figured I'd ask you guys. From what I can see, it was either molded directly on to the stick or it was molded then had the stick inserted and then plastic welded. Is the hole in the rod located in the same spot that the ls2 dipstick has it's attachment pin?

·
Banned
1,574 Posts
I don't feel like tearing apart this thing just yet so I figured I'd ask you guys. From what I can see, it was either molded directly on to the stick or it was molded then had the stick inserted and then plastic welded. Is the hole in the rod located in the same spot that the ls2 dipstick has it's attachment pin?
I believe it is molded on. I know what your doing.:wink2:

·
Registered
995 Posts
I am thinking a hacksaw should work...

Or a pair of bolt cutters...

Plasma cutter?

·
Best Member Ever
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Give it a :quoties:shot O' heat!:quoties:
lol well. if there is a hole in the stick where a pin would go through then the plastic is melted into that hole and it won't just slide off. Then again I could also be totally off base but it's not MY car and I don't want to damage anything unless I know I can replace it

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
7 Participants
jsalbre
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing