Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you remove the front plate bracket on the G8? It has some oddball fasteners that just spin when I try to remove them. Are they a rivet of some sort that needs to be drilled out?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, from my research, its riveted on. And if I am really lucky, the screws used to hold the plate to the bracket, also punctured the bumper cover. Meh...

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
We rivet all the front plate brackets on during the PDI. You will have to drill the head of them off. But there will be a 1/4" hole behind each one.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
We rivet all the front plate brackets on during the PDI. You will have to drill the head of them off. But there will be a 1/4" hole behind each one.
This. Check out grafxwerks. They make color matched stickers that'll cover those holes.

grafxwerks.com/shop_detail.php?pid=G8GX1-1441

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Motoring Enthusiast
129 Posts
So glad no one ever stuck a front plate on my car.

·
Registered
203 Posts
use a 1/8 drill bit to drill out the plastic rivet. Be careful to not drill to far into the bumper. The rivet is no longer then say a 1/2 inch.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the tips guys!

·
Motoring Enthusiast
129 Posts
Me to, I'm from Missouri and we are required to have a front plate. But I've never put one on any of my cars and the cops really never bother me about it.
Funny aside, although it wouldn't work with these cars. When I lived in VA the state law said the plate has to be within 15 inchs of the front of the vehicle. And a number of f-body guys found you could mount the front plate, folded over to the front plastic air dam while still displaying the registration decals and lettering. And it was all perfectly legal.

·
Registered
556 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts