Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all, I've been doing my research on this forum as well as google but can't find the answer to my question. My G8 has about 55k on it and I'm thinking of upgrading to the FE3 struts like most other people. My tire size is 225/35 R20 and just eyeballing my tire it looks like I have about a 2 inch gap to my fenderwall. I want to upgrade my coils and was thinking of going with either the Eibach or SLP springs but I'm afraid that the drop will be too much for my car. Any insight would be helpful. Should I stick with my stock coils or upgrade to the Eibach/SLP's? Please correct me too if I'm wrong with the springs dropping the ride and not the struts doing it. Suspension is not up my alley.

I also think that the miles put on my car has already lowered it somewhat, so the full 1-1.5" drop wouldn't be as bad as that right?

Thanks!
Scott

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
I can't advise you on the specific springs for lowering but can clarify the struts and shocks only dampen the motion of the springs, they do not hold up the car. That said, a fine point is that in a strut assembly the spring attaches to the body of the strut. A few struts do have an adjustment feature for the spring location but not the FE3s.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Eibach's with fe3's and poly strut tops will only lower the front 1/2" to 3/4 "on a gxp. It will drop maybe a 3/4 to 1" in the back. With the increased stiffness in the new shocks and coils, I have not had one problem with being lowered. Not one so far.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.