Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought black Pacesetters, and am having them coated locally. The guy that has done all of my powder coating offers a ceramic coat that he says is good up to 1100 degrees. Will this be sufficient? I am stock internals and N/A, so I cant see needing a 1700-2000 degree coating but maybe I am wrong. I figure either way may be a step better than the Armor Coat they use.
Thanks

·
Registered
80 Posts
Im cannot definitively answer your question. However, if you google "ceramic header coating" and check out some companies that offer the service. Often times they have the temp rating that they use. You could check out a handfull and get an idea of what they use and have them done within that range.

Just an idea. I prefer to get the highest they offer so I am covered haha.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I started there. Jet Hots lowest is 1300 degrees. Was informed Doug Thorley good to 1300+. A few seem to be right in 1100-1200 range. Many companies offer 2000 degree coating, but unless you live at the track in Vegas, or run twin turbo it seems overkill. This guy fully cures them in oven at 982 degrees. I was just wondering if anyone had idea what exhaust gasses range from.

·
HPT Pro Tuner
3,815 Posts
Have them coated with the best ceramic coating. i did mine with 2300F inside, 1700f outside. this would have the benefit of lowering your under the hood temps, plus the coating should last a lot longer. the difference in price is not that much.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.